Long hair cut

greAtness333

I was just wondering when you have long thick hair (or from shoulder length on) wouldn't it be easier to manage and look better if your hair was cut in layers? I read this in a magazine once and I find that a layered cut gives less of that puff look that your hair does when you have a lot of new growth growing out instead of down. I noticed that most of the women on here have mostly one length. But maybe the cut wouldn't make much of a difference anyway b/c of protective styling like buns. Plus when you have layers there's more shedding right? I don't know, I'm just babbling on. What do others think?
confused.gif

uhhh no way. i've never had long layers--mainly because i think they are more of a hassle than theyre worth. Plus i like being able to pin my hair up and not worry about all kinds of "escapee" sections of hair ..ya know what i mean?? i like full buns, i think with layers my ponytail and bun would look skimpy. I know that others out there do love layers but long layers are not for me. must have been an article written by a bunch of SHS
laugh.gif
-- jainygirl

I think I prefer all one length hair because to me it's a symbol of real health. You know hair that's "supposed" to be that way and not hair that "ended up" that way. All on length hair (of any length) always make me think that the wearer has nice hair....

My hair was mid-back relaxed without layers and I didn't get a poofiness. My new growth grows down so I would have thick waves and then my straighter hair. I also relaxed my hair every 2 months so my new growth was minimized.

I think layers is a preference...though I have seen some beautiful long, thick layered hair!

Back