Like Goldfish in a Pond...

Nice & Wavy

I got this from a forum and thought I would share it. What a great analogy!

This is from a person who was an atheist and gave his life to Jesus...hallelujah for this man's life!

I've come to the conclusion that the atheistic position is mostly that there is no "proof" of God, whilst they claim evolution is perfectly rational in spite of the odds against "something" coming from "nothing". However, what they are mostly saying is that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a being with apparent supernatural abilities because it just does not make sense in light of what they can observe.

Well, similarly, I doubt that the goldfish in our pond can conceptualize my reality; that I live out of water, have opposable thumbs with which to create things, drive a car, have a special relationship with the cats that poach them and worse, I actually have the power of life and death over them! However, I choose not to reveal myself to the Goldfish, even though I feed them (manna from heaven?) so they don't really know any better. Does that mean I do not exist? No, it just means that goldfish have a limited ability to conceptualize my existence.

Thus is the human ability to conceptualize God's being. He makes foolish our wisdom.
Praying for all those that don't know Christ, no matter who they are!

momi

Thanks for sharing this. I've never been able to understand the atheist position - yes there are things that we can't observe - but how do they explain the gazillion things that we do observe???

Nice & Wavy

Thanks for sharing this. I've never been able to understand the atheist position - yes there are things that we can't observe - but how do they explain the gazillion things that we do observe???
You're welcome, momi. You know, I asked myself the same question so we are like-minded in this....:yep:

The one thing I know is that the Bible tells us this:

2 Corinthians 4:18
"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal (subject to change); but the things which are not seen are eternal.(which shall remain)"

2 Corinthians 5:7
"For we walk by faith, not by sight"

Living only for temporary gain leads to eternal loss.:yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I mean this most seriously.

This is an awesome message, Sis. While reading your post about the Gold Fish in the Pond, I thought of the movie, "Finding Nemo..."

People of all social sects flocked and raved about this movie, multitudes of non-believers took part in it and all gave it recognition.

With all of this talent involved, with all of the research that was done for this 'masterful' production, how can anyone not see the True Master Creator of it all. Evolution can not create the reality of this.

How can they view / participate in such a movie and not believe that only God can create such beauty beneath the sea? All they did was create the movie, but it is God who gave them the fullness thereof.

Father God, open their eyes and let them see, that without God, there is no Nemo and the beauty of what lives beyond the ocean all of which you designed and created. Let their 'awe' be of you, instead.

"Every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord."

Nice & Wavy, I join you, Pastor A, momi, Laela and all gathered as one in this, in prayer:

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

The Bible says "A fool says in his heart, there is no God." Psalm 53: 1a

As I watched this short preview film, the above scripture came to my mind because if anyone has seen God's glory like these men, and say there is no God....well, you know the rest. These men saw it and proclaimed it to the world...hallelujah!

Please watch this...it's only about 3:00 minutes long!

http://www.sermonspice.com/product/5164/apollo-8-creation-story

Nice & Wavy

I mean this most seriously.

This is an awesome message, Sis. While reading your post about the Gold Fish in the Pond, I thought of the movie, "Finding Nemo..."

People of all social sects flocked and raved about this movie, multitudes of non-believers took part in it and all gave it recognition.

With all of this talent involved, with all of the research that was done for this 'masterful' production, how can anyone not see the True Master Creator of it all. Evolution can not create the reality of this.

How can they view / participate in such a movie and not believe that only God can create such beauty beneath the sea? All they did was create the movie, but it is God who gave them the fullness thereof.

Father God, open their eyes and let them see, that without, there is no Nemo and the beauty of what lives beyond the ocean all of which you designed and created. Let their 'awe' be of you, instead.

"Every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord."

@Nice & Wavy, I join you, Pastor A, @momi, @Laela and all gathered as one in this, in prayer:

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.
That's a really good one about Nemo, Shimmie...I would have never thought of that...really good:yep::yep::yep:.

Amen...we are in agreement with this prayer with you and the others...Glory to God!

Nice & Wavy

Awesome thread.. I, too, can not understand the position of an atheist.....
Have you ever seen this breakdown?

GOD or Atheism. Which is more Rational?

@Shimmie, agreeing with you in prayer. I enjoyed your analogy.. .
I LOVE THIS!!!!

The part at the end when he said this:

"The conclusion that God exists doesn't require faith; atheism requires faith. It takes faith to believe that everything comes from nothing. It takes only reason to believe that everything comes from God."

Love, love, love this!!!

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I know, right... lol How can one write a whole thesis on something they don't believe exists.. hmmmm..... :scratchch:

I LOVE THIS!!!!

The part at the end when he said this:

"The conclusion that God exists doesn't require faith; atheism requires faith. It takes faith to believe that everything comes from nothing. It takes only reason to believe that everything comes from God."

Love, love, love this!!!