LHCF Ladies Hair Help Needed Please

Blaque*Angel

Problem: Damaged natural 4B Hair that hardly grows.

Needed: Basic Hair regime including products to improve hair quality and health.

I have a cousin who is now serious about hair care and would love some basic hair care tips, She is natural and her hair is not really doing too well, it has hardly grown since she cut it 2years ago, her nape and temples are practically bald, I feel very sorry for her.:(

I'm not an hair expert so decided to come to LHCF her for some nice and easy tips.

She says she doesn't want to put hours into a regime, 20 minutes a day Would be OK,
Please reccomend some nice products for Natural 4b hair,

what does she need to be doing daily? weekly? monthly? (ie, moisturising, washing, ACV rinses etc....)

How often do you reccomend a trim?

What products are best for her?

What ingredients should she avoid?

Thank You In Advance

Any self styling tips?

She would need to use a mild, gentle shampoo to use weekly
She may wanna give daily co-washing a try with a cheap conditioner like Suave or V05
A great moisturizer like S-Curl No Drip to use daily will do the trick

HTH!

Is she still using heat or tight braids or something? I don't understand why she has bald temples and nape.

I would advise that she eliminate heat if she is using it. No Poo 2-3x's per week and wear a protective style. A light oil like jojoba for daily use. 4B hair can and will grow. Also explain to her there is no quick fix and her hair is not going to grow very long if she is not gentle and patient.

ThickHair said:
Is she still using heat or tight braids or something? I don't understand why she has bald temples and nape.

I would advise that she eliminate heat if she is using it. No Poo 2-3x's per week and wear a protective style. A light oil like jojoba for daily use. 4B hair can and will grow. Also explain to her there is no quick fix and her hair is not going to grow very long if she is not gentle and patient.

I agree with this. And she should limit styles that cause tension in the areas that are balding. Is she wearing tight puffs, braids, extentions, etc? If so, cut it out and enjoy more protective and loose (less damaging styles) styles.

My hair has been so soft lately it's weird..lol. I'm 4a/b. 4b in the back and 4a in front.

My regimen:
Preshampoo treatment: Amla or EVOO
Shampoo: Jason's aloe vera or Vitale neutralizing shampoo (VERY moisturizing)
Protein(mild and strong)Conditioner: Affirm 5 in 1, Nexxus Emergencee, ORS Pak
Moisturizing Conditioner: Any AO (lol), Kenra MC, Kenra Emollient
"Other" Conditioner: Vitale Positive Conditioner (porosity), Nexxus Acidifyer
Leave in: Giovanni vitapro fusion (something like that...lol)
Daily Oil: Kemi oyl mixed with WGO oil (AWESOME)
Lotions: BB Lotion (GREAT...my sis loves it on her 4b hair)

I have been using these since wash day last Thursday and my hair is still sooooooo soft. Usually by now it would be feeling very dry.

If I think of anything else I will let you know

Thank you ladies, She doesn't wear braids just natural styles ie) ponys, twists.

I will tell her the advice that has been given, She as a GOOD diet she thinks her sides and nape were damaged by perms she had before going natural(she is wondering if her pores are permanently damaged)
Can that happen?:confused:

I have gave her a bottle of MTG mixed with EO....Still in the process of a good natural regime.

Thanks A lot

Back