LHCF hiatus but now im finally joined #teamnatural :)

AMAKA127

finally joined #teamnatural [pics & my journey so far]

I am no stranger to LHCF. I have been a lurker for some years now, but after doing ample research I decided to go natural back in may of 2010. My transition was not long at all. My BC was November of 2010, so I transitioned for about 6 months. I normally wore my hair in a bantu knot out while i transitioned

When i big chopped my hair was about 2 and 1/2 inches in length

Then I made a quick wig that I wore for two months while bagging my hair underneath

When I got bored with the wig I cut it just to jazz it up a bit :superbanana:

I then wore my fro for about a week, then proceeded to protect my hair again with senegalese twist for 2 additional months

Now that my hair has grown I rock the fro and I must say, I LOVE IT! For the most part I do twist outs or I would twist my hair leave it in for a few days and rock a twist out a few days prior to my wash day

Products I am currently using and loving are:
Shampoo: renpure's "my pretty hair is parched" shampoo or Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Clarifying Shampoo (when I clarify)
Conditioners:Giovanni's tea tree triple treat conditioner
Leave in: Kimmay Tubes leave in (modified)
Daily moisturizer: Naptural85 shea butter lotion mix (Modified)
Oils: hempseed, cocoa nut, wheat germ, castor ,jojoba and EVOO (sometimes)
**also to my DC i add some rose water hydrosol***:yep:
Hope this helps and Thank you all my LHCF sistahs for such great info!

Last edited:

Kneechay

Hey girl, I remember you and your sis! We follow each other on twitter, she's sort of my namesake. Welcome back, and good luck with your journey!

Jetblackhair

Love all of the pictures and the hair story & that wig is awesome too! What type of hair did you use to make the wig?

AMAKA127

Love all of the pictures and the hair story & that wig is awesome too! What type of hair did you use to make the wig?

I used virgin remy curly hair my stylist ordered for me. The hair didn't shed which allowed me to use it over and over again and the curls were still intact even though I straightened it multiple times. I made another wig with straight hair but it didn't give me the volume of these wigs.

bride91501

Pretty hair, fab styling skills, and you're an HU student to boot (I'm an alum :))- my kinda girl! Welcome to the natural side!

Lita

Congrats on your progress! Welcome to the NATURAL WORLD.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Calia001

Great progress! that wig you made was AWESOME.

Anyone ever tell you that you are a dead ringer for solange??

Happy Hair Growing and i wish you much continued progress.

How did you care for your hair in the braids?

AMAKA127

Re: finally joined #teamnatural [pics & my journey so far]

I love your hair!
And that wig is too cute!
And I recognize that girl in the below photo on the very left. I think we went to high school together!

wow small world ... yea thats my cousin ... she inspired me to go natural ... shes been natural for 2 years now!

AMAKA127

Great progress! that wig you made was AWESOME.

Anyone ever tell you that you are a dead ringer for solange??

Happy Hair Growing and i wish you much continued progress.

How did you care for your hair in the braids?

Its soo funny you said that because people say that to me all the time but ...I just dont see it!

But as far as caring for my hair in braids ... I sprayed my actual braids with African Pride's Braid spray and moisturized my hair twice a week with the modified naptural85 shea butter cream. I also applied the sulfur sublime mix to my scalp every other day.

I washed my hair once every 3 weeks only because braids tends to dry out my hair and it was the winter time but I would deep condition and steam my hair with the huetiful hair steamer

Last edited:

Calia001

Its soo funny you said that because people say that to me all the time but ...I just dont see it!

But as far as caring for my hair in braids ... I sprayed my actual braids with African Pride's Braid spray and moisturized my hair twice a week with the modified naptural85 shea butter cream.

Really now? ::takes notes::
My hair so anti- braid spray. It doesn't respond well to it at all.

Did you apply the Shea to the length of the braids ?

TraciChanel

Welcome to LHCF! I love your fro and you were rockin' those wigs! U really have skills if you made those yourself....very nice. Oh...and shout out to HU - I'm an alum as well :yep: