Lets Talk SUPPLEMENTS/VITAMINS

DaDragonPrincess

I have read so many supplements threads, and I notice alot of you ladies take alot of supplements for many different benefits, so I need advice from you supplement lovers.

Right now I take hairfinity and it has biotin,msm,b vitamin complex etc click here to read the ingredients http://www.hairfinity.com/ , plus I take Centrum Chewables, Garlic Supplements as needed for shedding, I drink Ensure twice a day, and I want to start taking fish oil supplements.

Ok hairfinity has the b vitamin complex,msm,and biotin, so do I have to buy them seperate to get better benefits or is hairfinity enough?

So heres what i'm gone to make my supplement list:

Centrum Chewables

Hairfinity

Garlic Oil Supplements

Fish Oil Supplements

And drink Ensure twice a day

This should be enough???

Tell me what you ladies take and how has your supplements helped you.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I just bought the Hair, Skin, & Nail vitamins from GNC along with some fish oil. This is my second day using them. I too was scouring the vitamin threads yesterday and decided to pick up something with b-complex, biotin, and MSM. I took fish oil for many years so I know it's benefits.

bimtheduck

I don't believe in taking tons of supplements, I believe you should get most of your vitamins from your diet. Supplements are not regulated and can be dangerous if you don't do your research. With that said I do take a Centrum multi vitamin for what I miss in my diet, fish oil for omega 3, garlic for cardiovascular health, and msm for shedding and soreness after working out.
If your healthy and not taking any other medications I don't see the harm in you taking a hair, skin and nails vitamin. Think of your body as a cup. The cup can only hold so much liquid. Same thing w your body, it is only going to absorb so much of a vitamin the rest is just a waste and some can be harmful. More is not always better. I hope that helps and that other people post too!

ms.blue

have your iron checked to see if you your levels are low b/c low iron could affect hair growth also too much iron is bad also. I say this b/c some of the vitamins may have either too much or too little. Also start off slow b/c you don't want to shock your body so right now continue taking the vitamins your taking to gauge the results from them before changing to different ones or incorporating more.

DaDragonPrincess

have your iron checked to see if you your levels are low b/c low iron could affect hair growth also too much iron is bad also. I say this b/c some of the vitamins may have either too much or too little. Also start off slow b/c you don't want to shock your body so right now continue taking the vitamins your taking to gauge the results from them before changing to different ones or incorporating more.

Thank you because I'm kind of new to this supplement thing, all I took last year was centrum and hairfinity. My thing is with supplements I'm scared I might choke ,which is why I never really been a fan of taking pills :lachen:, and its been that way since I was a kid. The smaller the pill the better, capsules are ok,and thank god they have multi vitamins now for adults in chewable :grin: lol.

DaDragonPrincess

I have to start back taking these,because I miss the results I use to get with them last year, they really worked.

I will be taking Hairfinity,Fish Oil,and my chewable Centrums,the centrums are my daily multi vitamins