Length wanted now!

queenofmean68

It's been 5 months and my hair does not seem any longer than it did in July. I'm getting discouraged and my goal of reaching bra-strap seems like it will NEVER happen. Do you think I've reached my maximum length? Right now I'm about 4 inches above the bra-strap. I feel like giving up.

alibi

hair bored
[ QUOTE ]
queenofmean68 said:
I feel like giving up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me missy!!!
Don't make me have to
with such language! Give up?!?! WTF? Are you going to COMMAND your hair not to grow?
Your hair won't give up, even if you try to!
You just need to be patient. I was in the same position a few months back, but I did manage to get through. Seriously, you kinda gotta stop thinking about the length. It's hard to do with our forum and all, but it's better if you do, b/c you'll start noticing the growth in no time when you're not constantly paying attention to it. Do you take progress pics? I don't, but I'm going to start to, b/c I really think it helps for you to see your progress right before your eyes rather than always trying to gauge it in the mirror. What's you current routine? Hair stats? What is the source of your frustration? Hang in there girl, you're gonna be fine!

jainygirl

please dont, my hair has been feeling the same way, but then we look at ourselves everyday. it took me going home to family for them to let me know that i am indeed growing me some hair
i was feeling the same way before. i decided to stretch out my relaxer (which is helping me to see my new-growth and that --yes i am growing hair. you may want to try stretching out your relaxer a little more also
I'm the same as you about 3 inches from brastrap so i know that feeling when the dang strap looks like it's running away from your hair
don't give up, we can stick it out
--jainygirl

Nessa

Girl, shush for a min.

Listen to me!!!!!!!!!! Right now you are like near bra strap. THe longer your hair grows the slower it may grow, but this varies for others. Plus you are lucky, I got chin length hair, with split ends and everythang. so just take care of the health of your hair and before you know it, it's on that length.
You got it Chicka??

queenofmean68

Well, I was looking at pictures from my family reunion 8/02 and my hair is about the same length. And I put streaks in my hair in July, so it is really easy to see my new growth. I have quite a bit, but I'm NOT retaining ANY length.
I'm sorry I'm sounding negative today, but I keep reading posts of others reaching their goal or close to it and I keep wondering when I will reach mine. *sigh*