Left Behind Movie

Iwanthealthyhair67

Rapture Inspired Film “Left Behind” Starring Nicolas Cage Reveals Release Date & Trailer Rapture Inspired Film “Left Behind” Starring Nicolas Cage Reveals Release Date & Trailer Posted on April 4, 2014 by Kris Patrick - See more at:

http://pathmegazine.com/news/world-...ls-release-date-trailer/#sthash.TKP381vo.dpuf

“Left Behind,” the new rapture-inspired disaster movie starring Nicolas Cage, will be released in theaters Oct. 3 for U.S. audiences, according to a new teaser trailer from the filmmakers. A brief trailer posted online this week shows stars Chad Michael Murray, cast as Buck Williams (originally played by Kirk Cameron), and Nicky Whelan, who plays flight attendant Hattie Durham, aboard a plane preparing for a six-and-a-half hour flight. Cage, headlining “Left Behind,” does not appear in the teaser trailer. The Hollywood star shared with Variety, however, what he would like for the Christian-themed film to succeed. “My greatest hope for the film ‘Left Behind’ is that it works as something that people will be entertained and thrilled by, but they’ll also go home and they’ll have conversations with their family and they’ll ask ‘do you think this could happen or couldn’t happen’ and it’ll inspire discussions and closeness.” Cage added that he took on the role of Rayford Steele (played by Brad Johnson in the original movie version) because “it was so challenging and unusual” to him. Watch the first clip released with Cage in the video player below:

The plotline for “Left Behind” is based on the best-selling end-times book series written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. The series, which has sold more than 63 million copies since its 1995 release, had its first three installments adapted for film. The series, which has inspired dozens of spinoffs, includes 16 books. Only the first installment, starring Kirk Cameron, was released in movie theaters after an initial DVD release. The 2000 “Left Behind” film was extremely successful on home video, but proved unpopular in theaters. The 2014 “Left Behind” film’s potential success might not only get a boost from Cage’s star power, but also from Hollywood’s present focus on religion-themed films, with recent releases “Son of God,” “Noah” and “God’s Not Dead” proving profitable at the box office. According to filmmakers, “Left Behind” unfolds during the immediate aftermath of the sudden disappearance of millions of people from Earth, and it is up to a small group of survivors to unravel the mystery. “Left Behind” was directed by Vic Armstrong, produced by Stoney Lake Entertainment and written by John Patus and Paul Lalonde, also responsible for the original “Left Behind” film adaptations. In addition to Cage, Murray and Whelan, “Left Behind” stars Lea Thompson (Irene Steele) and Cassi Thomson (Chloe Steele). Jordin Sparks, Quinton Aaron and Lolo Jones also make appearances. View Trailer Here: -SOURCE - See more at: http://pathmegazine.com/news/world-...ls-release-date-trailer/#sthash.TKP381vo.dpuf

momi

Can't wait to see this one for real - although at the rate things are going in this world I wonder if we will be around to see it. Lol

The world will probably handle our disappearances like the plane incident.

Galadriel

Wow, sounds interesting! I hope they do the movie well.

So are you guys pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib?

(For the record, I don't believe in a Rapture, but I got to study it in college--minor in Biblical Studies).

momi

Wow, sounds interesting! I hope they do the movie well. So are you guys pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib? (For the record, I don't believe in a Rapture, but I got to study it in college--minor in Biblical Studies).

I'm pre-trib but I can also understand the case for a mid-trib rapture.

Yes I remember your comments on an earlier rapture thread.

Galadriel

I'm pre-trib but I can also understand the case for a mid-trib rapture.

Yes I remember your comments on an earlier rapture thread.

If I held to the Rapture, I'd totally be post-trib :lol:. Most of my Protestant friends were pre- or mid-trib :yep:

MrsHaseeb

I don't see where Scripture substantiates a pre-trib mid-trib rapture. Scripture indicates a post-trib rapture at the return of the Lord Jesus. Rapture simply means a catching away.

MrsHaseeb

(For the record, I don't believe in a Rapture, but I got to study it in college--minor in Biblical Studies).

I don't believe in it either as it is taught. The Scripture says we will be "caught up" to meet the Lord in the air at his return so I can see why the word "rapture" is used but I don't believe in the doctrine.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thanking everyone for a good discussion. :up: Different views, yet it's a very good discussion. :yep:

blazingthru

If anyone is not aware these movies are designed by Satan to get you folks far off track and away from your relationship with Christ.

If you stop to look, so much is going on at one time to get you completely away from reading and studying your bible and praying. How many movies came out like four, DISTRACTIONS.

No I won't be seeing this movie and I discourage anyone else to because it will not feed your soul, it will draw you further away and put doubts in your heart and your mind, that it what it is designed for.

I do not accept the Rapture teachings because it is not biblical sound. It makes no sense and it causes confusion fear and doubt, Its a waste of time and certainly not true. What will really happen is much scarier in any case, but its better to be forewarned then standing there wishing you had known, When now is the opportunity to learn all you can with a prayer and an open mind.

Last edited:

momi

If anyone is not aware these movies are designed by Satan to get you folks far off track and away from your relationship with Christ.

If you stop to look, so much is going on at one time to get you completely away from reading and studying your bible and praying. How many movies came out like four, DISTRACTIONS.

No I won't be seeing this movie and I discourage anyone else to because it will not feed your soul, it will draw you further away and put doubts in your heart and your mind, that it what it is designed for.

I do not accept the Rapture teachings because it is not biblical sound. It makes no sense and it causes confusion fear and doubt, Its a waste of time and certainly not true. What will really happen is much scarier in any case, but its better to be forewarned then standing there wishing you had known, When now is the opportunity to learn all you can with a prayer and an open mind.

I don't see it as a distraction at all. While we all don't agree about the timeline of His 2nd coming or pre-wrath return for believers there is no need to divide over this issue.

I've been accused of holding to the pre-trib theory because of fear - but that is certainly not the case. There are Christians suffering persecution because of their faith TODAY so there is no reason for me to believe that I could "escape" it just because I believe in a pre-eminent rapture of the church.

There are many theologians that I highly respect that do not believe in a rapture of the church and of course many in the pre-trib camp as well. Personally I have searched and studies the scriptures and this is where I have landed.

Additionally, I would encourage anyone to see the movie. I've read the entire series and it really has very little to do with those who had been taken away but gives an excellent idea of what life could be like during the tribulation. Regardless of your position - we all need to be prepared for His return.