Leave-in Conditioners

CaramelKiss

Is it necessary to buy a leave-in conditioner? What makes it different than daily moisturizing conditioners other than detangling your hair? Do you think leave-ins are lighter? (less build-up) Also how many of you use your regular conditioners as a leave-in and which ones are you using?

I know it's many questions, but the enquiring mind wants to know!
poke.gif

TIA!

I rarely use leave-in conditioners. Some of the ladies on here use them to rollerset. I have used Infusium 23 on dry hair as a moisturizer either by itself or mixed with a little Kemi Oyl.

I use Elucence Moisture Balancing Cond. as a leave-in, deep conditioner, and a regular 2 minute conditioner too.

i just tried the infusium 23 leave-in...and didn't like it. i usually use a little pantene (which is my normal conditioner) on my hair when i use my flexirods. i never thought to use the infusium on dry hair. maybe i'll try it again. i just bought the keracare leave-in. i'll let you know how it works.

dstdiva,

If you use the Infusium on dry hair, just use a little because since it is watery it will take out some of the curls in your hair, but if you are wearing your hair up then it won't really matter.

I cannot live without a leave in. I use them because of the type of styling I do to my hair...(blow drying, flat iron). I really attribute them to maintaining the health of my hair by protecting it during thermal styling.

I used up all my 911 leave-in -- luv this becuase it aided in the detangling process after washing/conditioning my hair. I'm currently using Infusium 23 (not as good at 911) but gets the job done...

Forgot to answer the rest of the questions:
What makes it different than daily moisturizing conditioners other than detangling your hair? nothing really. I've never really used any daily moisturizers - just oils and grease - now mainly oils
Do you think leave-ins are lighter? Yes, it's watery and dries along with the hair

Also how many of you use your regular conditioners as a leave-in and which ones are you using? I do not, but have heard people leaving in Lekair cholestrol

I really never saw the point of a leave-in. I especially hate creamy leave-in conditioners, I hate the way they make my hair feel, sorta clammy. I prefer liquids, cause it soaks into my hair. Barry Fletcher Moisture silk, its really good. But its a moisturizer, setting , wrapping, everything all in one.

I use KeraCare leave in. It is creamy, but I like it. I have used too much before and it looked a mess but it works well in moderation. I have also tried Infusium 23 and it made my hair kinda dry by itself but when I mixed it with Kemi Oil it worked well.

I use Motions Nourishing Leave-In conditioner as a leave in when I roller set. It's got great ingredients to impart moisture, and I figure that it can't hurt. I think it helps to soften my hair. I never used regular conditioners as a leave in, but that might change once I get my braids.

[ QUOTE ]
I used up all my 911 leave-in -- luv this becuase it aided in the detangling process after washing/conditioning my hair. I'm currently using Infusium 23 (not as good at 911) but gets the job done...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I heard or read somewhere a few months ago that 911 is soon to be discontinued. Do you know if that's true? I hope not.
perplexed.gif
This is one of the leave-ins that I like.

Thank you all for your insight. I really appreciate it! Reason I asked is because in the past I have used regular conditioners as leave-ins and imo they've worked better than some of the more expensive leave-ins which I've recently puchased.

I am currently using Nexxus Headress which is a creamy one and while I it does give my hair lots of volume, it doesn't leave any shine but I bought it mainly because the ingredient content looked good, the first 6 being:

Water, Panthenol, Cetyl Alcohol, Wheat Flour, Lipids, Keratin Amino Acids

On the other hand I also tried Kerastase Elasto curl as a leave-in which is another cream based & has the following 6 first ingredients:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerine

There was some shine, not a whole lot and while both are excellent detanglers, I think for less money I can achieve a better effect with regular daily conditioners as a leave-in.

BTW, Headress retails roughly about $18 for a 400 ml bottle and Kerastase Elasto Curl for $18 for 125 ml.

I haven't tried the others that u ladies have mentioned but once I have finished using these two prods I will give it a shot. I'm not a pj.......YET, since I am still new to this.

crazy.gif

Back