Layers Out Challenge: March Progress check In

MsBoinglicious

Okay its been 3 months since the starter thread. My layers are coming along okay. Nothing has really changed much. I think I will start cutting my longest layer until the top/crown catches up with the back/nape. My reggy is the same I am just keeping it really simple with deep conditioning once a week and PS. So far I have not had any set backs.

How is everyone coming along with growing their layers/uneven cuts out? Has anything changed with your reggy? Any progress or setbacks?

Challengers:
Ashleescheveux:trophy:
BamaBeauty1985:trophy:
BoingBoing:trophy: :trophy:
BostonMaria:trophy:
Chelleypie810:trophy: :trophy:
CreoleHottie :trophy:
Esi:trophy:
esi.adokowa:trophy: :trophy:
*fabulosity*
FlawedBeauty
MizzCoco:trophy: :trophy:
glamchick84:trophy:
Kellum:trophy: :trophy:
Kerryann :trophy:
Kusare :trophy:
leleepop:trophy:
Littleja
LisaLisa1908:trophy:
Lizzyb168:trophy:
Longhairdreamzz
lusciousladie07:trophy: :trophy:
Morehairplease:trophy:
MrsdeReyes :trophy: :trophy:
Ozma:trophy:
Nia430:trophy:
Pringle
Sqzbly1908
sugarwater:trophy: :trophy:
Taina

Last edited:
i'm actually taking out my braids as i write this so i might post some pictures or something later.
but as far as i can tell, no setbacks here either.
i've had my hair braided for the past two months, and been dcing with each wash.
good luck y'all :]]

eta:
well here are pictures comparing my hair at christmas with my hair now.
i've heard that since i'm so far into a stretch, cutting it will just result in uneven ends anyway.
so i'm probably going to wait to do a blunt cut when i relax it in may.
but i gotta say, my scissor fingers are itching!

Attachments

• length check four.jpg
    length check four.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 9
  • length check.jpg
    length check.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hmm...I think I might need to drop out. I decided to transition on New Year's and my hair's all weaved up. Although...I guess when I do cut the relaxed ends off I will be cutting it all off evenly! :lol::lol:

i'm not in the challenge, but i just wanted to know...do all the trophies mean those folks have already grown out/cut all their layers out?? cause that's awesome!
just being nosy...

I thought that was for people who hadn't dropped out. :hmm: Well I got a trophy and I don't know why :lol:.

i didnt drop out i had a trim though
i only know how to put up a pic in my avi from my crackberry
i guess i would put up progress when i can

i'm not in the challenge, but i just wanted to know...do all the trophies mean those folks have already grown out/cut all their layers out?? cause that's awesome!
just being nosy...

No its a surprise i cannot say until the end of the challenge hehe!

Everything is going great with me. I got a trim with my last touch up in Dec 2009. I got about 1 1/2 inches cut off. That took care of a lot of my bottom layers. I still have some layers in the bottom and on top but everything is catching up really well. I wore my yarn braids for about a month and then took those out. My regimen hasn't really changed. I'm still doing my Ayurveda regimen. I still PS with half wigs, and I'm doing spring twist right now as I type. I hope to be finish by tomorrow monring and will post pics. I plan on keeping my spring twist for at least 4 to 5 weeks and then taking them out to prepare my my hair for my touch up in April. April will also be my 1 yr anniversary so I hope to be BSB/BSL.

Everything is going great, I got a relaxer Feb 6th and a light trim...I'm now just a inch or two from APL here's a pic I took last week
SSPX0283-1.jpg

as compared to this in October
SSPX0166-1.jpg

Those short pieces have really caught up

Mine is coming along well :) I decided to cut, until my bangs/front and middle are the same as my nape. I started like an inch off APL but I cut like 3 inches because it's not as fulfilling to me when its not full. :( It's more even now and I'm going to get it back to APL and just keep it there until the front catches up.

i'll add pics when i straighten

Aww I'm suffering from trophy envy now. My hair has been in twists for the past month or so, so I'm not sure how my layers are doing. I trimmed back in January though so hopefully that somehow leveled the playing field.

My progress is in my siggy pic. But my layers are def. growing out. The top layer is the most trying layer on my head.

I just realized that there is like a 6" difference from where my layers begin and where the bottom of my hair is. That's a years worth of growth. I don't think I will be layer free Dec 2011.:wallbash: :wallbash: My goal for this year will be to just have less layers.

Any more updates...

Back