Last night I tried to Air Dry...

Last night I CO washed my hair, and since I had a lot of studying to do (finals, eck) I put my hair up in a bun and decided that I would give air drying a chance.

I was pretty leary about doing it, because I had tried to let it air dry in ponytails and such before and it always came out looking like a hot mess.

Before I put it up, I sprayed some Infusium 23 on the new growth, shaft, and ends. I put it up using a thick ourchless band. I did a flippy bun instead of a tight bun and slept on it.

I woke up this morning expecting it to be a tangly mess, but miraculously it wasn't. There was a couple of spots under the bun that weren't dry, so I took the bun out and put some Pantene Relaced and Natural Moisturizer in it and then combed it through. My hair came out looking very straight, it felt soft, and it was well moisturized.

An added bonus was that my ends look great! They are just as moisturized as the rest of my hair and don't have that dry crinkly feel.

So I'm sold on air drying. I was a skeptic, but now I'm a believer.

Really, how long it's been since you relax. I don't like air drying as my relaxer get older. The first 7 weeks I didn't really have any problems but it kept getting worse after that. I'm glad to hear you got some great results from air drying.

I know some folx get poor results with airdrying but I've never understood that. I would get poor results with a blow dryer, using a comb attachment. When I say poor I mean my texture would be rough, (LOOK rough,not feel rough, it was still soft) and I would HAVE to use heat to get the "straight" look. When I airdry my strands are silkier, softer and my hair isnt as poofy. If I have splits you cant see them as well. I can wrap it and it will straighten the rest of the way on its own and have bounce and swing. I do put it in a ponytail, comb it straight and secure the end of it to control the texture and straightness. If I let it airdry free form I look like foo-foo the poodle and cant comb it until I wet it again. I havent experimented with airdrying for straightness since being natural tho.

My hair always looks a litt rough after blowdrying, but it was very silky and straight. I was always under the impression the airdrying wiouldn't get the processed part of my hair straight enough for my liking, but it actually got it straighter.

When I'm not in braids I also air dry. I found that the I got better results when I used the Infusium 23 Moisture forumla. I also add any oil to my ends and roots. Whenever I didn't use Infusium, my hair would turn out hard to comb the following day. Glad you had good results!

CORBINS said:
When I'm not in braids I also air dry. I found that the I got better results when I used the Infusium 23 Moisture forumla. I also add any oil to my ends and roots. Whenever I didn't use Infusium, my hair would turn out hard to comb the following day. Glad you had good results!
The infusium made my hair feel really soft. my ends were very well moisturized. I can't wait to try this again after my next CO wash, which sould be tonight, but I've gotta study.

I wonder if the condition wash was largely why your hair is manageable. You did not completely strip the moisture.

Back