Lafier Collagen & Placenta Conditioner

comike

My best friend is looking for a conditioner/treatment to help with breakage and shedding. She has bra-strap and beyond hair. I've been trying to encourage her to join the LHCF community but she's not very fond of chatting it up on forums to complete strangers....but, any way, she was told about this supposedly really great conditioner called Lafier Collagen and Placenta that aids her hair growth and stops shedding. Unfortunately, I've never used any Dominican products. Has anyone here every tried this product? If so, can you give a review?

Eisani

I've been using the Star Colagen y Placenta cond on my daughters hairline and I've seen a vast improvement. I checked it out after reading a couple testimonials of women who've grown in bald spots with regular use of the Lafier version. They did say it wasn't very moisturizing and had to f/u w/a DC but it they did attribute the hair growth to the Lafier Collagen & Placenta cond. HTH

comike

I've been using the Star Colagen y Placenta cond on my daughters hairline and I've seen a vast improvement. I checked it out after reading a couple testimonials of women who've grown in bald spots with regular use of the Lafier version. They did say it wasn't very moisturizing and had to f/u w/a DC but it they did attribute the hair growth to the Lafier Collagen & Placenta cond. HTH

Thanks. Do you know if it's good for breakage and/or shedding?

AgapeQueen

I have resd that placenta conditioners can cause cancer in african american women...you should a do little more research before using te product. Although I have used hask placenta leave-in...and my hair is a lot stronger...I think that is ok to use for a few months out of the year...just not a long term treatment

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hi,

I tried to like this conditioner, I really wanted to, I also heard great things. But even after rinsing for 10 min, it left this weird almost sticky residue on my hair :perplexed...had to shampoo and use another DC to get my hair back to normal...but maybe its just me... since i've never heard anyone else having a problem w/ it

comike

I have resd that placenta conditioners can cause cancer in african american women...you should a do little more research before using te product. Although I have used hask placenta leave-in...and my hair is a lot stronger...I think that is ok to use for a few months out of the year...just not a long term treatment

That's scary! :eek2: Thanks for the info.

Hi,

I tried to like this conditioner, I really wanted to, I also heard great things. But even after rinsing for 10 min, it left this weird almost sticky residue on my hair :perplexed...had to shampoo and use another DC to get my hair back to normal...but maybe its just me... since i've never heard anyone else having a problem w/ it

Ewwww.....:ohwell:

Eisani

Where did you read this? I've been trying to find the article to see it's documented sources and case studies.

comike

Thinking about the whole hormone cancer thing....I think this is just being blown out of proportion. No one is discouraging women from using hormonal contraception. Furthermore, there appears to be no research that actually proves this. And not only is placenta present in hair care products targeted to African-Americans but it can also be found in skin care products.

AgapeQueen

Where did you read this? I've been trying to find the article to see it's documented sources and case studies.

http://www.environmentaloncology.org/publications/careproducts.htm
What products have been found to contain hormones?
Dr. Chandra M. Tiwary's research lists the following placenta shampoos as containing hormones (which contain placental extract):
Queen Helene Placenta cream hair conditioner. (Placental Enzymes)
Placenta Revitalizing shampoo (contains placental extract)
Perm Repair with placenta
Proline Perm Repair with placenta
Hask Placenta no rinse instant hair repair treatment
Hask Placenta hair conditioner
Mexican Spanish Super Gro Placenta
Nu Skin body smoother (Human Placental Extract)
Nu Skin NaPCA Moisturizer (Human Placental Extract)
Nu Skin pH balance (Human Placental Extract)
Nu Skin Enhancer (Human Placental Extract)
Hormone hair food Jajoba oil
Triple action Super Grow (contains hormones)
Supreme Vita-Gro (contains Estrogen and allantoin)
Luster's Sur Glo Hormone (contains hormone constituents)
B&B super Gro (contains estrogenic hormone constituents)
Lekair natural Super Glo (contains hormones)
Lekair Hormone hair treatment with Vitamin E
Isoplus Hormone hair treatment with Quinine (contains hormone constituents)
Fermodyl with Placenta hair conditioner, no rinse
Supreme VITA-GRO with allantoin and estrogen plus TEA-COCO
For more information about estrogen and its effects, view our Estrogen Fact Sheet

Updated February 7, 2006

This is a great site..lots of facts...check it out

AtlantaJJ

I received a caution about using MN as a growth aid due to a link to hormones. Has that been posted on the board? I have tried a search but haven't been very successful. I did find this thread however :yep: