Ladies with SL and Beyond Hair

A

AmilLion

I notice with many ladies with SL and beyond hair in your fotki albums most tend to take pictures from the back only and I was wondering, how long is the front of your hair? For me, I have no problem growing out the back and doubt it would take much for me to reach brastrap. The back of hair grow like weeds, even when I wear it down on a consistent basis. My problem has always been the front. I can never get the front beyond the top of my lip. I want the front of my hair shoulder length.

Anyone with shoulder length "bangs"? How did you achieve? What is the secret? What am I doing wrong?

LunadeMiel

I notice with many ladies with SL and beyond hair in your fotki albums most tend to take pictures from the back only and I was wondering, how long is the front of your hair? For me, I have no problem growing out the back and doubt it would take much for me to reach brastrap. The back of hair grow like weeds, even when I wear it down on a consistent basis. My problem has always been the front. I can never get the front beyond the top of my lip. I want the front of my hair shoulder length.

Anyone with shoulder length "bangs"? How did you achieve? What is the secret? What am I doing wrong?

My bangs are about shoulder lenght and the back is about 1 1/2 below my shoulders. I had my hair layered (actually this stylist attempted to layer but one side came out shorter than the other). I didn't do anything differently to my bangs. I use the same routine and products for my entire head. Are you protecting your bangs or taking care of them (e.g. moisturize)?

SpyCats

I would love to know the answer to the above question. The front of my hair is about an inch below chin and I think my sides are about shoulder (maybe a little bit past). I want of my hair longer. GROW dangit :wallbash:

gabulldawg

I have layers, so the front of my hair is shorter than the back. That's how I've always liked my hair. I don't think that I look good with blunt, one-length hair all over because I have a round face.

sareca

SL (but not far from APL)

=======================

SL versus APL on the side

=================================================
Difference between SL in back and APL in back.

Last edited:
I would love to know the answer to the above question. The front of my hair is about an inch below chin and I think my sides are about shoulder (maybe a little bit past). I want of my hair longer. GROW dangit :wallbash:

I hear you blkbutterfly :lachen:

Mine use to be layered too, BTW yet another crappy job....

right now, my strategy is to have the stylist continue to keep the parameter of my hair in a semi-U-shape and not cut into the layers...

every now and then I let her snip at them...in order to help curve split ends in my topmost layers (my topmot layers end at the top of my ears)

mw138

My bangs are about shoulder lenght and the back is about 1 1/2 below my shoulders. I had my hair layered (actually this stylist attempted to layer but one side came out shorter than the other). I didn't do anything differently to my bangs. I use the same routine and products for my entire head. Are you protecting your bangs or taking care of them (e.g. moisturize)?

My hair is the same way. My longest layer is just about SL and the rest of my hair falls down to APL. I like to keep my hair in layers because, IMO, that looks better on me than one layer all around.

Wanderland

I hear you blkbutterfly :lachen:

Mine use to be layered too, BTW yet another crappy job....

right now, my strategy is to have the stylist continue to keep the parameter of my hair in a semi-U-shape and not cut into the layers...

every now and then I let her snip at them...in order to help curve split ends in my topmost layers (my topmot layers end at the top of my ears)

Nicole that's actually a really good idea:scratchch I have layers and I want them to grow out a little longer than what they are compared to the rest of my hair, but whenever I get a trim my stylist trims everything and my ratio of layers to length stays the same:nono:.

To answer the thread's question, my longest layer in the front is collar bone, though my shortest layer is jaw-length. I think most of the hair grows at the same speed but it takes longer to appreciate the front's length because it's at the top of your head and has further to go to appear "even" with the rest of your hair (though I do realize that everyone's hair doesn't grow at the same speed everywhere). Thus far I haven't really had a problem growing the front of my hair, but we'll see with time.

Last edited: