Ladies who use Red Palm oil and Palm Kernel oil

Naijaqueen

Mom has a ton in her kitchen, she uses it a lot to cook our Nigerian dishes, she wont realize if I take some at a time :D I think after she has dealt with me and my using MTG "horse stuff", this wont be a surprise :p

Brownie518

This is what it says for the Red Palm oil on www.agbangakarite.com

This is a really unique and beautiful oil. Our virgin red palm oil is made from native palms using traditional, fair trade and organic methods. We do not use any commercial plantation-grown palm fruits in our oil production. We offer this exclusive oil in its natural state; it has not been refined in any way and contains all its natural vitamins and antioxidants. As a result, our virgin palm oil is a rich source of pro-vitamin A in the form of carotenoids. Virgin palm oil contains about 15 times more carotenoids than carrots, which gives the oil its deep red color.Virgin palm oil is also rich in vitamin E and is free of cholesterol.

I am ordering this right now. It's 14.00 for 1 lb. Miss Madam, I will let you know how it works out.

Empress Yahudah

Brownie518 said:
This is what it says for the Red Palm oil on www.agbangakarite.com

This is a really unique and beautiful oil. Our virgin red palm oil is made from native palms using traditional, fair trade and organic methods. We do not use any commercial plantation-grown palm fruits in our oil production. We offer this exclusive oil in its natural state; it has not been refined in any way and contains all its natural vitamins and antioxidants. As a result, our virgin palm oil is a rich source of pro-vitamin A in the form of carotenoids. Virgin palm oil contains about 15 times more carotenoids than carrots, which gives the oil its deep red color.Virgin palm oil is also rich in vitamin E and is free of cholesterol.

I am ordering this right now. It's 14.00 for 1 lb. Miss Madam, I will let you know how it works out.

Yes let me know how u like it....Im sitting with it in my hair now as a over night pre-poo....This is what i saw in Wikipedia....
Palm oil itself is reddish because it contains a high amount of betacarotene. It is used as cooking oil, to make margarine and is a component of many processed foods. Boiling it a few minutes destroys the carotenoids and the oil becomes white.

Im might try this to use it as a sealer I need something light than black castor oil or to oil my scalp, and use it regular (red) for pree-poo and hot oil treatments...Also due to the high levels of Vitamin E it doesnt spoil even if u heat it cook with it or bake with it.

Brownie518

Well, I used it as an overnight prepoo and it was wonderful. I couldn't believe how soft and strong my hair felt. IMO, it was better than the Ojon restorative. I definitely want to try to incorporate it in other ways, maybe on my ends and as a sealer. I will be definitely using this weekly. LOVE IT!!!!

I haven't tried the Palm Kernel Oil yet.