LADIES WHO HENNA, INDIAN STYLIST SAID I COULD NOT USE HENNA..WHAT'S YOUR ADVICE

mommatide

AFTER READING SEVERAL THREADS ABOUT THE BENEFIT'S OF HENNA, I DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY. I WENT TO THE INDIAN STORE/SALON AND ASKED THE STYLIST ABOUT GETTING HAIR HENNA. SHE ASKED IF MY HAIR HAD ANY PREVIOUS COLOR, AND I TOLD HER I HAVE HAD RINSES AND SEMI-PERM HAIR COLOR BEFORE, BUT NEVER ANY HIGHLIGHT'S OR PERMANENT COLOR. HER RESPONSE WAS THAT I COULD NOT HENNA MY HAIR BECAUSE MY HAIR MUST BE "VIRGIN" IN ORDER FOR THE HENNA TO WORK, AND NOT HAVE A BAD CHEMICAL REACTION TO THE PREVIOUS DYE, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT PERMANENT COLOR:mad: .

NOW I KNOW THAT SOMEONE ON THIS BOARD HAS HAD SUCCESS WITH HENNA, WITHOUT HAVING VIRGIN HAIR...OR IS SHE RIGHT?

AlexB7 said:
I've had semi-permanent hair color on my hair before and I use henna with no problems.

Using henna on your hair should be fine as long as it's Body Art Quality henna. A lot of people purchase from here http://www.mehandi.com/shop/index.html

Yeah, what she said. The fact that I had previously colored ends and strands of my hair actually gave me beautiful henna color results.

She most likely doesn't use pure BAQ on hair, and that's why she said that.

MOST salons don't use BAQ Henna, because the results aren't PERFECTLY predictable. With dark colored hair, the dye deposit isn't usually significant enough to make a difference - but with lighter (light brown to blond hair) using BAQ is always an adventure in color.

THANK'S, I AM DYING TO TRY THIS...WHAT EXACLY WILL HENNA ALONE DO FOR MY HAIR? SHOULD I USE INDIGO AS WELL? I'M LOOKING TO THICKEN MY STRAND'S

mommatide said:
THANK'S, I AM DYING TO TRY THIS...WHAT EXACLY WILL HENNA ALONE DO FOR MY HAIR? SHOULD I USE INDIGO AS WELL? I'M LOOKING TO THICKEN MY STRAND'S

I use indigo with my henna for a dark espresso shade. Henna will definitely strenghten & thicken your hair. :)

I'm so glad you posted this! I just called Clariol last week and asked if I could use Henna. I used Clariol Natural Instints Black and it is supposed to last only 28 shampoos but my hair is still dark from it. I was told that I could not use Henna unless all the dye was out of my hair. It's been about 3 months since I dyed it so I think I'm gonna try the Henna.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW A RELAXER WILL AFFECT THE HENNA. I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THE HENNA THIS WEEK. I'M 5 WEEK'S POST RELAXER, AND I PLAN ON GETTING A TOUCH-UP AROUND 8 -10 WEEK'S

Back