Ladies that wear full sew-ins, please help me...

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Hi!!! So I am about to get a full-head sew-in and I have been advised that a net is the best way to go; there's less stress on your hair and scalp and it lasts longer. I have a few questions about the procedure before I get it done:

1. How do you get under the net to clean and moisturize your scalp? I feel like the net would impede that, all the nets I see have tiny holes and IDK how I would get to my scalp to properly take care of my hair
  2. I am in the Sulphur Challenge and I like to use a creamier mix, not the oil, how would I get that under the net?
  3. Finally, how difficult is it to take out? I have had sew-ins without the net and it was easy to just cut the thread at the braids, but the net seems trickier.
Thanks for all the help ladies!

Nonie

Bumping this for you.

I know nothing about weaves but I've heard BHM is the place to go for weave info. Hopefully someone who knows something will chime in.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I wear net weaves all the time

Here's my two cents:

I use an applicator bottle to dilute shampoo, conditioner and leaveins with water and apply to the braids. I never hve issues with the net. For my fine hair it's a lifesaver.

As for sulfur.....I only used a creamy leavin once and it matted my hair up in the braids. That is probably becuase my hair is fine.

I always use a spray type water based leave in when in the weave.

I know plenty of ladies that dilute their "mixes" with water or a carrier oil like jojoba or almond oil to thin it out some and then use a color applicator bottle to apply. This works well.

The net isn't going to stop you. It feels weird at first but if you dilute your products you can get to your scalp just fine. :)

MRJ1972

I also use an applicator bottle to apply products under my net- pre-poo oils, shampoo, deep condition, watery leave in conditioner and it works great!!

ms.blue

I personally hate net weaves but you can still moisturize/wash/conditioned your hair with the use of applicator bottles. When washing, make sure to dilute the shampoo and conditioner so it would be easier to rinse out.

smwrigh3

I wear net weaves all the time

Here's my two cents:

I use an applicator bottle to dilute shampoo, conditioner and leaveins with water and apply to the braids. I never hve issues with the net. For my fine hair it's a lifesaver.

As for sulfur.....I only used a creamy leavin once and it matted my hair up in the braids. That is probably becuase my hair is fine.

I always use a spray type water based leave in when in the weave.

I know plenty of ladies that dilute their "mixes" with water or a carrier oil like jojoba or almond oil to thin it out some and then use a color applicator bottle to apply. This works well.

The net isn't going to stop you. It feels weird at first but if you dilute your products you can get to your scalp just fine. :)

:yep::yep::yep: havilland gave some great advice! I am just going to add a little to it! I am constantly in braids and/or sew-ins! An applicator bottle will be your best friend. I have several with my shampoo, DC, and moisturizers in them. I wash and DC my hair with a mixture of Aloe Vera juice and product about once a week. As well as I moisturize my hair EVERY single night with a mixture of Coconut oil, ORS moisturizer and aloe vera juice and I massage it into my braids. I do sulfur about 3/4 days as week and I have no problems with applying it. However I am in the wig challenge this year so no sew-ins for me! But my hair is still braided into a beehive or corn rolls the entire time.

Blue_Berry

I have a full sew-in, but not net. I can answer one of your questions however. The one about the creamy products, I suggest you to dilute it with water in a spray bottle or a applicator bottle. I wouldn't use it to often, because it may cause some build-up on your braids and scalp.

glamazon386

I DO NOT like the net.

How do you get under the net to clean and moisturize your scalp? I feel like the net would impede that, all the nets I see have tiny holes and IDK how I would get to my scalp to properly take care of my hair

That's part of why I don't like it. I can't wash and itch or scratch like I want to. I ended up pouring Sea Breeze down inside the net the last time I had a net weave.

I am in the Sulphur Challenge and I like to use a creamier mix, not the oil, how would I get that under the net?

You could use a bottle with an applicator tip. But the smell may linger under the net. IDK if I would use that.

Finally, how difficult is it to take out? I have had sew-ins without the net and it was easy to just cut the thread at the braids, but the net seems trickier.

Takedown with the net is easier. You just need to cut the thread holding the net on around the perimeter. Then it should all come off in one piece with the tracks still attached to the net.

Last edited: