LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

Chaya

Hello ladies!
I dont know if you remember me sending a post maybe 6-8 weeks ago about my mother who had beautiful natural hair and wanted a texturizer. She had her firend ( a cosmetologist) texturize her hair. Her friend decided to put a CAREFREE SUPER on her hair. Subsequently, her hair continues to fall out
. She wears hair in braids 24/7 and only takes them down every two weeks because her hair is sooooooo fragile.
She went ot get her hair braided today and this other lady who braided it pointed out 5-6 different bald spots.! Well now my mother is very upset and crying about the whole deal
. This is what she has done thus fat any suggestions on what should can do besides be patient? Thanks again. Any input is appreciated!
* wears hair in braids ( her own hair no additional pieces used)
* covers hair in scarf when she leaves the house
* oils sclp with carrot oil
* deep conditions ( nexxus emergencee. humectress, hair mayo.)

Thanks again!

aqualung

In addition to what she's already doing, I'd suggest MSM taken internally and Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14 sprayed onto the scalp or applied with a color applicator bottle (pointy tip). She should eat a lot of protein and vitC with the MSM and drink a lot of water.

Also, Clairol Renewal 5X conditioner for dry/damaged hair strengthens nicely if applied to wet hair and heated under a bonnet dryer for an hour. No hard brittle hair like with protein treatments, but increased strength.

ms_kenesha

I'd invest in some ORS Fertilizer serum for the balding spots, or go old school and run those spots with warm castor oil. If the Surge claims are correct she might want to invest in that as well.

I hope her hair gets better soon I know how traumatic losing your hair can be.

Chaya

I hear so much about this SURGE I need to call the local beauty supply place. Thank you. She is very upset and just really frantic and hyper as ANY OF US WOULD BE if we were balding! I was reading your posts to her and she does appreciate all the help and support you can give! Thanks!

miss_brown

Even though your mom's hair is fragile, I would advise against using the Emergencee every shampoo. If possible, she should be doing scalp massages every day (without oil or with minimal oil). The braids regimen sound like a good one, and she may want to try some type of low stress braiding (i.e. medium sized cornrows), making sure that the braider is NOT pulling her hair too tightly.

Lastly, ditto on the vitamin thing. At minimum, she should be taking a multivitamin and biotin. This combined with 8 glasses of water and some exercise should definitely put her on the right track.

Tell your mom that we said good luck and are sending big e-hugs

Chaya

Thanks! She usually does take supplements but I dont think she knows anything about the biotin! We both greatly appreciate the advice!