LADIES: Have you noticed more hair growth by.....

Aura

Ladies,

Have you noticed more hair growth when you wash your hair more than once a week? I've recently started washing my hair every 7 or so days because I got sick and tired of wearing a bun/phony pony, so I began rollersetting again so my wrap will last at least a week or so. But now it seems like my hair growth stunted. :confused:

Now I have to figure out what to do with my hair besides the bun or phony pony if I wash more than 2x a week. :ohwell:

Have any of you noticed the same thing? What are you doing to your hair besides the bun/phony pony if you're washing more than 2x a week...

AtlantaJJ

I just joined the board last month after coming out of never ending braids so my challenge is hide my hair for 1 year using protective styling. I don't know if I'm gonna make it because all this conditioning and henna is making me want to wear my hair out! Which in and of itself is a miracle!! But I shall stay on task...

I will be interested to see what you get for replies because I workout a lot and I have to wash my hair often so I can't see myself styling after every wash. Minus a bang that is...I will wear a bang out every now and then, but that's it.

ak46

Aura said:
Ladies,

Now I have to figure out what to do with my hair besides the bun or phony pony if I wash more than 2x a week. :ohwell:

Have any of you noticed the same thing? What are you doing to your hair besides the bun/phony pony if you're washing more than 2x a week...

An idea could be to get a fall/half wig/quick weave (whatever you want to call it). You can keep your hair conrowed or wrapped underneath, wear it for a few days, wash hair, and use it again for another few days until your next wash.

That's what I'm gonna start doing starting in January. But I'll be alternating with my lacefront. :)

Aura

Hey ATLJJ,

At one point I was addicted to washing my hair every 3 days and I noticed a significant increase in hair growth, I was leaving a bang out and smoothing my hair into a ponytail and doing the baggy method. My hair is not really long enough for a bun, so it's pretty frustrating and I'm tired of wearing this fake hair.....:( I tried the braid outs for a while, I may have to go back to that until I get a little more length.

alexstin

When I washed 2x a week I definitely noticed more hair growth. I stopped because I'm not trying to relax more than I need to. I also don't like fooling with my hair that much.

*Happily Me*

My hair thrives on frequent washing. i usually co-wash 3 or 4 times a weeks.

I'll wash, throw hair back into a ponytail, then i hotcurl just the bang or i'll use a headband.

MzOptimistic

alexstin said:
When I washed 2x a week I definitely noticed more hair growth. I stopped because I'm not trying to relax more than I need to. I also don't like fooling with my hair that much.

I was looking at some albums and noticed that some ladies whose hair is long and beautiful deep condition 2x a week so I have started doing that. I use to co wash my hair on Wednesday and deep condition on Sunday but now I am going to deep condition on Wednesday and deep condition on Sunday and see my results. I do get more growth by washing more. I use to co wash everyother day once my ng started coming in but now since it's getting cold. I'm going to deep condition 2x a week and see what happens:)

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I noticed more growth with frequent washing. I started daily co washes in April and I noticed a considerable amount of growth while doing it. The few times I tried to stretch out washing, I noticed significantly more breakage during the week. Right now, I'm trying to cut down my washings to 3 times a week because of the weather, so we'll see what happens.

angelita842002

I cowash about 3 or 4 times a week and shampoo on the weekend and have noticed my hair is more moisturized and i am retaining more length. I dont measure it in inches but can tell it has grown. I have been wearing a bun almost everyday since august and my hair is thanking me for it. I used heat once and after the fourth day i just had to wash my hair and put it up again. Its like u start needing a bun. LOL IMO

MzOptimistic

angelita842002 said:
I cowash about 3 or 4 times a week and shampoo on the weekend and have noticed my hair is more moisturized and i am retaining more length. I dont measure it in inches but can tell it has grown. I have been wearing a bun almost everyday since august and my hair is thanking me for it. I used heat once and after the fourth day i just had to wash my hair and put it up again. Its like u start needing a bun. LOL IMO

I hear ya on that one, I flat ironed my hair in August for a family reunion and I could not wait to get home to deep condition my hair...I literally ran to the bathroom when I came home to wash my hair:)

Isis

Aura said:
Ladies,

Have you noticed more hair growth when you wash your hair more than once a week? I've recently started washing my hair every 7 or so days because I got sick and tired of wearing a bun/phony pony, so I began rollersetting again so my wrap will last at least a week or so. But now it seems like my hair growth stunted. :confused:

I've been washing and deep conditioning 2x each week (not more than that though) for the last 3 years. I noticed my hair thrived and continues to thrive. My hair stays moisturized from wash to wash.

Besides buns and updos, I wear braidouts, ponytails (my own) and I'm currently experimenting with wearing pincurls.

Cichelle

My hair thrives with daily cowashing. Lately, my schedule has been hectic, so I've been sometimes cowashing every other day. My hair suffers if I go longer than that.

lana

I guess I'm the only one, but for six months this year I would co-wash daily and nope I did not get additional growth. My hair grew like normal. Now I'm back to washing once a week (every 7 days) and my growth rate is the same. For me the amount of washing does not contribute to the growth rate of my hair. I just wash once a week or whenever my scalp starts to feel itchy. I don't like that feeling (sometimes it is by day 3) - just depends.

I have noticed that I retain more of my hair by low manipulation and leaving it alone.