Kinky Straight Instant Weave Pic Heavy!!!!

kandake

Exactly, I guess I should have clarified that. :look:

Its okay. Thanks for giving me the idea.

I think I'm going to make my own wig using the kinky straight track hair. I'm so glad I found out about wig bases. I was either going to cut the hair off a wig or use a stocking cap.

Last edited:

Kellum

Where did you find your Kinky Straight Lace Front?

I found this one but I am not sure if it is too expensive or not:

http://www.forgirlslikeus.com/kenya.html

I got this wig from my sister. You may want to just buy a wig base and sew some kinky straight tracks onto it. Check out www.hisandher.com

They sell the kinky straight track hair as well as the wig bases. It make take a few hours do it but you will come out saving money in the end.

Kellum

Its okay. Thanks for giving me the idea.

I think I'm going to make my own wig using the kinky straight track hair. I'm so glad I found out about wig bases. I was either going to cut the hair off a wig or use a stocking cap.

No problem. I am going to make one too doing the same method so that I can have a back up. I also plan on making a kinky straight pony tail for doing buns and what not.

kandake

No problem. I am going to make one too doing the same method so that I can have a back up. I also plan on making a kinky straight pony tail for doing buns and what not.

I'm curious. How are you going to make the ponytail. I was thinking about buying the ponytail on his/hers. Then I thought about just using the track hair for a ponytail. But I'm open to new ideas.

Do you ladies know if kinky straight hair is sold at beauty supply stores with wig/hair selections

Last edited:

Kellum

I'm curious. How are you going to make the ponytail. I was thinking about buying the ponytail on his/hers. Then I thought about just using the track hair for a ponytail. But I'm open to new ideas.

Do you ladies know if kinky straight hair is sold at beauty supply stores with wig/hair selections

I want a ponytail that looks like the His and Her one. My plan is to sew the wefts together. Then get some black ribbon and sew it onto the wefts and then sew a small comb at the end. When I finish it should look like the ponytail from His and Her, hopefully. :look:

I hope it turns out okay and doesn't look like a Hot Mess. I will take pics to document how I did it.

Milkyway has Kinky Straight hair in their Short Cut Series. I havne't seen this in the BSS. I guess because I wasn't looking for it.
http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...rtName=product_sort&sortValue=desc&type=brand

Model Model has Afro Kinky Curly Indian Hair. I saw the Wet and Wavy for this exact hair in the BSS. They should have the Afro Curl too. I will check. Looking at the pic; the hair looks similar to KS when straightened.

http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...ortName=product_sort&sortValue=desc&type=cate

kandake

I want a ponytail that looks like the His and Her one. My plan is to sew the wefts together. Then get some black ribbon and sew it onto the wefts and then sew a small comb at the end. When I finish it should look like the ponytail from His and Her, hopefully. :look:

I hope it turns out okay and doesn't look like a Hot Mess. I will take pics to document how I did it.

Milkyway has Kinky Straight hair in their Short Cut Series. I havne't seen this in the BSS. I guess because I wasn't looking for it.
http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...rtName=product_sort&sortValue=desc&type=brand

Model Model has Afro Kinky Curly Indian Hair. I saw the Wet and Wavy for this exact hair in the BSS. They should have the Afro Curl too. I will check. Looking at the pic; the hair looks similar to KS when straightened.

http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...ortName=product_sort&sortValue=desc&type=cate

Thanks!!!!! That Milky Way hair got a lot of good reviews.

Kellum

You did a great job, your hair looks beautiful and blends so nicely. How did you cut the layers?

Thanks, I didn't cut the layers myself. If I had I would have totally jacked it up. I went to the salon up the street where I always go to get my trims. She cut the layers and thinned it out a bit for me.

DarkandLovely

Your hair look great! I too love the clip ins but haven't used them in forever...you're making me want to go get some kinky straight and get to sewing b/c it looks sooo natural : )

Kellum

I took some pics of the inside of the cap to give ya'll an idea of how it look and to show how simple it is.

This is the front of the cap. You can see the 'u' shape that I cut out and the clips sewn to it for security. I take my time when putting on the wig and taking it off. I have had no snagging or pulling of my hair at all.

Side view of the cap with the clips sewn to it.

Back of the cap with the clips sewn to it.

I hope this helps to answer some the questions ya'll had. Have a Great Weekend :)

Last edited: