KINIKAKES, DONTSPEAKDEFEAT,WISHIN4BSL AND COUNTLESS OTHERS

bravenewgirl87

ALL THIS TIME, WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR TERRORIST IN IRAQ WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN HERE AT LHCF ALL ALONG!

THESE WOMEN HAVE BEEN POSTING WONDERFUL ADVICE ON THE INTERNET ABOUT GROWING THEIR BLACK HAIR HEALTHY AND LONG. I TOOK THEIR ADVICE AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED---> NO BROKEN ENDS!

I visited Kinikakes' advice about pre-pooing bc i knew i was doing something wrong. I followed it with the products i had at home: Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioner, Kids Organics Sheat Butter Detangling Lotion, a drop of Jojoba Oil, Carrot Oil and Amla Oil, honey, oilve oil. Well.... this morning when i went to con-dish wash my hair b4 putting in micros braids--> there was NO BREAKAGE! Just 3 strands of hair!

HOW DARE YOU NURSE MY HAIR TO GOOD HEALTH?! B/C OF YOUR ADVICE AND INSPIRATION, I WILL BE FORCED TO STOP HANDING MY MONEY TO HAIR-ILLIRATE STYLISTS AND KOREAN COMPANIES. I MIGHT HAVE TO STOP SPENDING MY MONEY AND START PUTTING INTO MORE IMPORTANT THINGS, LIKE BILLS, CDS, AND BANK ACCOUNTS! THEN THE KOREANS/WHITES CAN'T MAKE MONEY OFF OF MY DAMAGE PICKY NAPPY TRESSES, THEY WILLL GO OUT OF BUSINESS, THEN THE AMERICAN ECONOMY WILL SUFFER. THEY MAY HAVE TO START MARKETING TO...dare i say it...WHITE WOMEN! (gasps) HISPANICS!(gasps) OR THEIR OWN PEOPLE!
DON'T WORRY... I STILL HAVE TIME TO DESTROY WHAT LITTLE BIT OF DIGNITY AND WELL-BEING CONTAINED IN MY HAIR! IF WE STOP LISTENING TO THESE RUFFIANS, BLACK WOMEN WILL NEVER HAVE NICE HAIR AND ALL WILL BE RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.
YOU VAGABONDS... MAKING MY HAIR LOOK GOOD AND FEEL GOOD! THEY NEED TO LOCK YOU IN A HAIR SALON AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!

( in all seriousness... thanks for the advice kinikakes, it did work to moisturize the hair)

KiniKakes

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay girl, why was my heart seriously racing as I started to read this!!! I thought i was in big trouble!!! :sekret:

Im soooo pleased to hear that the pre-pooing/cowashing tutorial worked for you!!! :D Thats reaaaallly awesome, and it makes me feel SO good that i was able to help you!!!

Thats what LHCF is all about, girls!!! Right?!!! ;) Sharing advice with one another.... what worked and what didnt work..... giving support and encouragement! I love it!!! When i first came here, ppl were sooo friendly and helpful to me. They responded back to my PM's and comments in their Fokti, and were always available when i needed them. And i do what i can do return the love. Paying it forward, so to speak! :cheers:

So Im really glad that this worked for you! The products you used sound terrific!!! What a great combo!!! :grin: Moisturized hair w/minimal breakage is the name of the game, thats whats up!!!!! So glad i contributed to that in ANY way!!!

HHG sis!!!!!!!!! *hugs*

bravenewgirl87

I'm going to try and fix that...
Oh i also want to call out this culprit: navsegda, for giving me hair inspiration...
shame on you! Giving me good credit!

bravenewgirl87 said:
ALL THIS TIME, WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR TERRORIST IN IRAQ WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN HERE AT LHCF ALL ALONG!

THESE WOMEN HAVE BEEN POSTING WONDERFUL ADVICE ON THE INTERNET ABOUT GROWING THEIR BLACK HAIR HEALTHY AND LONG. I TOOK THEIR ADVICE AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED---> NO BROKEN ENDS!

I visited Kinikakes' advice about pre-pooing bc i knew i was doing something wrong. I followed it with the products i had at home: Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioner, Kids Organics Sheat Butter Detangling Lotion, a drop of Jojoba Oil, Carrot Oil and Amla Oil, honey, oilve oil. Well.... this morning when i went to con-dish wash my hair b4 putting in micros braids--> there was NO BREAKAGE! Just 3 strands of hair!

HOW DARE YOU NURSE MY HAIR TO GOOD HEALTH?! B/C OF YOUR ADVICE AND INSPIRATION, I WILL BE FORCED TO STOP HANDING MY MONEY TO HAIR-ILLIRATE STYLISTS AND KOREAN COMPANIES. I MIGHT HAVE TO STOP SPENDING MY MONEY AND START PUTTING INTO MORE IMPORTANT THINGS, LIKE BILLS, CDS, AND BANK ACCOUNTS! THEN THE KOREANS/WHITES CAN'T MAKE MONEY OFF OF MY DAMAGE PICKY NAPPY TRESSES, THEY WILLL GO OUT OF BUSINESS, THEN THE AMERICAN ECONOMY WILL SUFFER. THEY MAY HAVE TO START MARKETING TO...dare i say it...WHITE WOMEN! (gasps) HISPANICS!(gasps) OR THEIR OWN PEOPLE!
DON'T WORRY... I STILL HAVE TIME TO DESTROY WHAT LITTLE BIT OF DIGNITY AND WELL-BEING CONTAINED IN MY HAIR! IF WE STOP LISTENING TO THESE RUFFIANS, BLACK WOMEN WILL NEVER HAVE NICE HAIR AND ALL WILL BE RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.
YOU VAGABONDS... MAKING MY HAIR LOOK GOOD AND FEEL GOOD! THEY NEED TO LOCK YOU IN A HAIR SALON AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!

( in all seriousness... thanks for the advice kinikakes, it did work to moisturize the hair)

Oh your crazy but very funny. Loved you post!:lol:

LaNecia

Love the post!!! Congrats on your progress! :lol:

I was going to PM Ms KiniKakes myself to day about her advice in her Fotki page!

bravenewgirl87

buttaflye03 said:
:lol: :lol: Go 'head with your bad self! Congrats!

YOU! YOU ARE ANOTHER CULPRIT! YOUR BABIES HAIR!

It looks like little silky terriers have nestled into her scalp with their tails up!:lol: How do you do it?

chayil0427

LOL...there is summin wrong with y'all LHCFers...all of y'all are throwed LOL. :lol: I think all the hair on our heads is starting to go to our brains.

Chayil

Sistaslick

chayil0427 said:
LOL...there is summin wrong with y'all LHCFers...all of y'all are throwed LOL. :lol: I think all the hair on our heads is starting to go to our brains.

Chayil

Yeah... some of y'all are starting to make me wonder :spinning: This is by far the strangest "thank you" thread I've ever seen :look:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monilove122

bravenewgirl87 said:

I have to co-sign girl. KiniKakes without knowing it, has inspired me to reach for a length that I would have never thought about because I didn't know I could acheive...WL. I've never had a problem growing my hair out but after I would get to BSL it would start to look thin, ends would be extremely raggedy and I'd always say screw it, cut it, and start over. Now that I know I can rock half-wigs to grow out my hair (I'm addicted to them), use the baggie method with my phonyponies, et. I've been feeling so empowered. Ladies I'm telling you, there is something so empowering for me about knowing I can grow beautiful natural HEALTHY hair.

The inspiration in this forum is phenomenal and all of you "vagabonds" (LOL) should be commended for your advice, motivation, and just words of kindness. I have to admit I wasn't active at all when first joining, I wouldn't post would just lurk but after PM'ing people like BMoreFlygirl, TetBelle, and others whose hair and advice I've admired I feel so comfortable asking for help.

Keep up the great work ladies. I've always considered myself a hair person but I have nothing on y'all, LOL. Since moving to North Carolina from my beloved Bronx, NY my hair has been through tons of transitions (I was addicted to my Dominican Stylist, Rosa who I became friends with and would hang out with even though she didn't speak English and my Spanish is minimal *sigh* HAIR can sure bring folks together) which I've always responded to with cutting. But now, "Lawd Have Mercy" they better watch out for me because I'm gonna think I'm cute with my long HEALTHY hair. WATCHOUTDENOW!!!!!!

KiniKakes

Monilove122 said:
I have to co-sign girl. KiniKakes without knowing it, has inspired me to reach for a length that I would have never thought about because I didn't know I could acheive...WL. I've never had a problem growing my hair out but after I would get to BSL it would start to look thin, ends would be extremely raggedy and I'd always say screw it, cut it, and start over. Now that I know I can rock half-wigs to grow out my hair (I'm addicted to them), use the baggie method with my phonyponies, et. I've been feeling so empowered. Ladies I'm telling you, there is something so empowering for me about knowing I can grow beautiful natural HEALTHY hair.

The inspiration in this forum is phenomenal and all of you "vagabonds" (LOL) should be commended for your advice, motivation, and just words of kindness. I have to admit I wasn't active at all when first joining, I wouldn't post would just lurk but after PM'ing people like BMoreFlygirl, TetBelle, and others whose hair and advice I've admired I feel so comfortable asking for help.

Keep up the great work ladies. I've always considered myself a hair person but I have nothing on y'all, LOL. Since moving to North Carolina from my beloved Bronx, NY my hair has been through tons of transitions (I was addicted to my Dominican Stylist, Rosa who I became friends with and would hang out with even though she didn't speak English and my Spanish is minimal *sigh* HAIR can sure bring folks together) which I've always responded to with cutting. But now, "Lawd Have Mercy" they better watch out for me because I'm gonna think I'm cute with my long HEALTHY hair. WATCHOUTDENOW!!!!!!

I loved this ENTIRE post, girl!!!! *hugs*

Monilove122

Girl, I'm stalking your Fotki right now. I'm going to the BSS store after work and I get so excited about going there now that I make a list, LOL. I used Aphogee for the first time last week (loved it and it will be a staple in my regimen every six weeks or more) and I just look forward to what new stuff I'm going to add to my growing stash of products.

Anything new anyone has tried they'd like to pass on to a newbie?

*hugs* to you girl, YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!!!!

buttaflye03

bravenewgirl87 said:
YOU! YOU ARE ANOTHER CULPRIT! YOUR BABIES HAIR!

It looks like little silky terriers have nestled into her scalp with their tails up!:lol: How do you do it?

:lachen: Okay, you have truly lost it! Umm...thank you? I have her regimine posted in my fotki on the journals page.

Kini knows I always give her her props. I've been stalking her fotki HARD since I joined.:sekret: The amount of things I've learned here are priceless. Thank you ladies for the inspiration.

bravenewgirl87

No, it looks like soft puppy hair...so cute!

But thank you to all of you for the posts, threads, etc. on growth. Good job to all of you...

zillaxy

this is just too funny.

i thot some people were in big trouble but not this big!!:lachen:

congrats on your hair success and i really hope this site has more trouble makers like these folks:grin:.

how dare i forget to mention your crazy???? ;)

nelli711

bravenewgirl87 said:

That was my laugh for the day:lol:

tricie

Another absolutely hilarious yet inspiring post! Too, too funny! :D
Thanks for restoring more hope in 4a/b's; we need alot of encouragement, so thanks again! :)

Kinikakes, I am another that just stalked your Fotki; you are the
"Hair-merican Idol"! :lol: Beautiful hair, girl!

Wishin4BSL

KiniKakes said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay girl, why was my heart seriously racing as I started to read this!!! I thought i was in big trouble!!! :sekret:

Im soooo pleased to hear that the pre-pooing/cowashing tutorial worked for you!!! :D Thats reaaaallly awesome, and it makes me feel SO good that i was able to help you!!!

Thats what LHCF is all about, girls!!! Right?!!! ;) Sharing advice with one another.... what worked and what didnt work..... giving support and encouragement! I love it!!! When i first came here, ppl were sooo friendly and helpful to me. They responded back to my PM's and comments in their Fokti, and were always available when i needed them. And i do what i can do return the love. Paying it forward, so to speak! :cheers:

So Im really glad that this worked for you! The products you used sound terrific!!! What a great combo!!! :grin: Moisturized hair w/minimal breakage is the name of the game, thats whats up!!!!! So glad i contributed to that in ANY way!!!

HHG sis!!!!!!!!! *hugs*

WHOA!:lachen: :lachen: This WAS shocking! I thought I was in trouble too! Don't think I'm special though ya'll because bravenewgirl is my friend in real life!:lachen: