Kiddie Perms vs. texlaxing???

kittenz

My last realxer was a Dark and Lovely kiddie perm. It left my hair soft and not super straight. Is this comparable to texlaxing? I left it in the entire reccommended time but kiddie perms aren't as strong, right? This one didn't seem to be. It got my hair straight but it stayed thick and full of body. Unlike when I use regular no-lye relaxers that leave my thick hair very flat to my head. Any ideas. TIA

glamazon386

kittenz said:
My last realxer was a Dark and Lovely kiddie perm. It left my hair soft and not super straight. Is this comparable to texlaxing? I left it in the entire reccommended time but kiddie perms aren't as strong, right? This one didn't seem to be. It got my hair straight but it stayed thick and full of body. Unlike when I use regular no-lye relaxers that leave my thick hair very flat to my head. Any ideas. TIA

To my knowledge, kiddie perms are just as strong as regular relaxers. Texlaxing means to leave some of your natural curl in. Most people do it so they can have the best of both worlds. They can chose to wash and go but still relax. People also have thicker hair as a result of not straightening to 100%. HTH...

PinkSkates

Originally posted by Bemoreflyygirl:
To my knowledge, kiddie perms are just as strong as regular relaxers. Texlaxing means to leave some of your natural curl in. Most people do it so they can have the best of both worlds. They can chose to wash and go but still relax. People also have thicker hair as a result of not straightening to 100%. HTH...
Yep... they sure are.
Example: *Dark & Lovely Beautiful Beginnings No-Mistake No-Lye Children's Relaxer System ($8.99), pH 13.:eek:

* Dark & Lovely No-Lye Relaxer System, Regular ($6.39), pH13:eek:
The only difference is the price and the pretty little girl on the cover of the kiddie perm box.

HoneyDew

"kiddie" perms get my hair just as straight. There is a lady on my job that insist that the kiddie perms are lighter for her daughters hair. She even uses them herself about 3 weeks post for a "touchup before her real touchup" :look: :eek:

I just don't say anything anymore.

glamazon386

HoneyDew said:
"kiddie" perms get my hair just as straight. There is a lady on my job that insist that the kiddie perms are lighter for her daughters hair. She even uses them herself about 3 weeks post for a "touchup before her real touchup" :look: :eek:

I just don't say anything anymore.

Wow... :perplexed