Keratin Treatment Support Thread

me-T

^^yup that's where i got my marcia from.

my hair seems to hold on to moisture better with this brand. it's so soft all the time!
so far it seems like qod gold, but with better moisture retention

mstar

Luxury bacon
It's been about 3 weeks since my last Marcia T Advanced, and I'm experiencing much more reversion at the roots than I'd like. :ohwell: This is only a problem for me because I'm wearing a straight weave, and I need my hair to blend without using too much heat.

This is a big change from the straightness I experienced with my first treatment. I have pinpointed two possible reasons for this:

1) I suspect that the first treatment was done on 450, even though I asked the stylist to use 430. I experienced a lot of split ends and damage on the ends of my hair. This second BKT was done on 430...no damage, but not too much straightness, either.

2) I did a henna treatment before my first BKT. Henna loosens my texture a lot, and it probably worked in concert with the BKT to give me smooth, straight hair.

So I'm going to redo it. :yep: First I will do a henna, then wait a week and do the MTA on my roots only, at 450. My weave is absolutely beautiful (best I've ever had), and I'm hoping this will allow me to enjoy it for the rest of the summer, without worrying about puffy roots.

(ETA: I might strip the BKT with sulfates and salt before doing the henna. :scratchch It's only a tiny horseshoe at my hairline.)

Last edited:

BlackHairDiva

I'm curious. Has anyone stopped using relaxers completely and strictly using BKT? Have you been able to reach your hair lenght goals?

When I first got on the BKT bandwagon, I was hoping to have straight hair like relaxed hair, little reversion as possible when wet or humid and growth retention was another thing I wanted.

Well, its been a while since I did my second BKT. My roots are reversing quicker. I think its due to the heat wave we are having...Its nearly impossible not to sweat.

I dont think QOD gold is the one for me. Right now my hair is feeling a tad dry and retain moisture as much. Plus, I wish my hair would be straighter.

Any 4a/4b members who QOD Gold didn't cut it? Was it better with Marcia T chocolate or Marcia Advance? I heard advance has the most straightening "power" but does it on 4a/4b hair???

Last edited:

Dak

OK, y'all are getting to me with the talk about Marcia T letting the hair retain moisture better. But I'm not looking for completely straight hair, more loose curls. Is that what you're getting with the Marcia T chocolate?

me-T

OK, y'all are getting to me with the talk about Marcia T letting the hair retain moisture better. But I'm not looking for completely straight hair, more loose curls. Is that what you're getting with the Marcia T chocolate?
it's not as straight as i expected it to be, so if that's what you want, plus moisture retention, i'd say try it

I'm curious. Has anyone stopped using relaxers completely and strictly using BKT? Have you been able to reach your hair lenght goals?

When I first got on the BKT bandwagon, I was hoping to have straight hair like relaxed hair, little reversion as possible when wet or humid and growth retention was another thing I wanted.

Well, its been a while since I did my second BKT. My roots are reversing quicker. I think its due to the heat wave we are having...Its nearly impossible not to sweat.

I dont think QOD gold is the one for me. Right now my hair is feeling a tad dry and retain moisture as much. Plus, I wish my hair would be straighter.

Any 4a/4b members who QOD Gold didn't cut it? Was it better with Marcia T chocolate or Marcia Advance? I heard advance has the most straightening "power" but does it on 4a/4b hair???
i was 2months post when i started bkt'ing. still overlapping treatments to get straight out the shower hair, but believe me, after 8 treatments, it's doin a LOT better as far as styling.
for me, marcia straightens the same as qod gold, but the moisture retention is better

MarieB

^^yup that's where i got my marcia from.

my hair seems to hold on to moisture better with this brand. it's so soft all the time!
so far it seems like qod gold, but with better moisture retention

Is it safe to assume that they're not too strict about the "Professionals Only" thing?

Dak

Me-T, how would you describe your hair? Like curl pattern & thickness of the strands?

me-T

marie- they didn't ask or anything. i was kinda scared that they would though.

dak-um... when it's wet, it's like a texlax... when dry in a bun or something stretched (flexi set for example) it's like a a bad/reverting press. i posted some pics further up the page

me-T

more pics:grin:
1-root shot somewhere in the middle of my head
2-this protective style that's really plain lol
3-another view
4-this flexi rod experiment
5-day 3 of experiment

hopefully ya'll get an idea of how my hair looks when dry. it's poofy when wet, but when you "do" it, it looks more presentable

Attachments

• post 8th roots.jpg
    post 8th roots.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 39
  • braid wrap roots.jpg
    braid wrap roots.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 34
  • braidwrap roots3.jpg
    braidwrap roots3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 34
  • curlyupdo2.jpg
    curlyupdo2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 33
  • dying updo.jpg
    dying updo.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 32

Mecca_Goddess

I had my first BKT done with MT.

Any of you used QOD MAx??? (I've seen a lot of comments about QOD Gold, but not sure if there was a difference)

I just got my QOD Max sample in the mail and want to know if there will be any issues.

After the last few raves about MT though, I may not even use this sample and get some MT... lol

Mecca_Goddess

Another question....

I have noticed a few broken hairs. Not many, maybe 10 or so in the last week. Do I need to focus on my protein moisture balance or continue to up my moisture as my stylist has told me to?

Dove56

Any of you used QOD MAx??? (I've seen a lot of comments about QOD Gold, but not sure if there was a difference)

I just got my QOD Max sample in the mail and want to know if there will be any issues.

After the last few raves about MT though, I may not even use this sample and get some MT... lol

I stan for QOD Max, I LOVE it! I am 3c and this gets my hair straight...my crown is very curly so it gets about 80% straight. :yep:

Minty

thank you thank you for the updated info. I'm almost out of MT Advanced. I have one more application, but I'm going to try and wait until mid July.

beana

I'm on my 6th treatment so far and i've tried Softliss (2x's), DH (2x's), QOD Gold (1x) and i just BKT'ed again on Saturday with DH.

I like DH the most out of all formulas. Overtime I experienced breakage and dryness with the QOD hair, despite its initial "protected" feel. Also, i notice i was able to retain more length with the DH, as opposed to having to do 2 mandatory trims while using QOD.

BlackHairDiva

it's not as straight as i expected it to be, so if that's what you want, plus moisture retention, i'd say try it

i was 2months post when i started bkt'ing. still overlapping treatments to get straight out the shower hair, but believe me, after 8 treatments, it's doin a LOT better as far as styling.
for me, marcia straightens the same as qod gold, but the moisture retention is better

I'm thinking about Overlapping but I'm worried about overloading my hair with protein and generating breakage.:nono:

When do you overlap? Monthly?How do you do you overlap? Do you simply skip the clarifying process adn apply the keratin treatment on freshly moisturized( co-washed and Deep Conditioned hair...i.e when dried hair?)

More information please?:yep:

sithembile

I've used QOD Max once, the results were okay but I think I used to little product and didn't do enough passes. I'm finishing the bottle next week, I'd probably use another brand but I couldn't find anything else online in the UK.

Mecca_Goddess

I've used QOD Max once, the results were okay but I think I used to little product and didn't do enough passes. I'm finishing the bottle next week, I'd probably use another brand but I couldn't find anything else online in the UK.

Do you think that if you had used enough product it would have provided good results?

How many passes did you do?

Ediese

Hi Dak! Check out my thread below. You'll see the change in my hair. I think I provided comparison shots. I'm a natural 4a/3c. With the MT, my curls really loosened and I didn't have the normal bulky frizz to deal with. I just bought some because I'm planning on doing again at the end of the year.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=461426&highlight=ediese+bkt

Dak

Ediese, thanks for pointing me towards your thread! Great pictures, that really gave me an idea of what I might expect since my curl pattern is pretty similar. Your hair looks very moist & conditioned.

Ediese

Ediese, thanks for pointing me towards your thread! Great pictures, that really gave me an idea of what I might expect since my curl pattern is pretty similar. Your hair looks very moist & conditioned.

You're welcome! I really loved the treatment. I had it done by someone, and I don't think they used enough, so I did suffer some heat damage. I'll do it myself next time to ensure that doesn't happen. It's been 3 mos. and my curls have reverted.

sithembile

Do you think that if you had used enough product it would have provided good results?

How many passes did you do?

Sorry I meant to say I used too much product, so my hair was sticky and not shiny until the first wash. I did about 4 passes at 190C. My new growth reverted quickly. Next time I'll use less product and do more passes.

Last edited:

CoutureMe06

Do you guys know if wetting a lot will cause it to revert?

I had this done Sunday with the 24 hour formula. Monday, I washed it out with the Everpure sulfate free poo and con. My hair was great. Tuesday, I wet my hair in the shower and used Suave Shea Butter conditioner as a cowash. Yesterday, I used the sulfate free con and EVCO in my hair. This morning, I styled with kinky curly leave in. It seems like my hair has already reverted back to what it was before. Do you think it was the suave conditioner.

When I got it done, he flat ironed on 410 but only did 2-3 passes bc he didn't want to over do the process. He did maybe 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch sections. I'm not too sure. They were the size of normally flat ironing my hair.

I think it may be the Suave conditioner and how he did the treatment. He's really into healthy hair and since my hair is fine 3c/4a maybe 4b, he didn't want to over do it?

What do you guys think? It that why?

The front is shrinking a bit and the back has pretty much reverted back to what it was before. Idk. I'm going to text him. I've only poo once. Thanks!!!

ChristmasCarol

If the majority of your hair is 3c/4a, it shouldn't revert that quickly. If it's mostly 4b, then it can revert almost immediately! There's a thread around here about BKT on 4b hair - her hair looked like it had never been BKT'd within a couple weeks, I think.

You got any pitchas? lol

me-T

I'm thinking about Overlapping but I'm worried about overloading my hair with protein and generating breakage.:nono:

When do you overlap? Monthly?How do you do you overlap? Do you simply skip the clarifying process adn apply the keratin treatment on freshly moisturized( co-washed and Deep Conditioned hair...i.e when dried hair?)

More information please?:yep:

i apply it to my whole head every time i bkt. at first i was doing it every other month, but i bumped it up to every month.
first i'll dc, then for the wash i do a clarify, a half & half clarify/moisture, then a moisture poo, then apply on damp hair