Keratin Protein in hair oil?

Mamamia

I use carrot oil in my hair b/c it seems to do a good job at decreasing breakage. In the ingredients it listed alot of great oils, including jojoba and olive. However, it also lists keratin protein as the sixth ingredient. I heard that protein should only be included in the shampooing and conditioning stage if you are trying to strengthen your hair. Could this be harming to my hair???
Also, if I do use a protein based shampoo and conditioner, do I follow with another moisturizing conditioner?

keeshesfromindy

I just try to use my Hollywood beauty carot oil like once or twice a week. I like to switch up a bit. I'm not sure about shampooing, I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be able to help you.
Keeshes

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
A stylist once told me that Keratin in an oil or silicone product really does nothing. In other words, the oil or silicone sort of over rides the Keratin and other ingredients. I don't know how true that is, but it sort of makes sense because the keratin is in the product and the product is heavy and coats the hair so it's not like the keratin is getting in the hair, especially since you're not adding heat with it.