Is this ok to use once a week or is it protein overload???

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Hi ladies, I want to use Lustrasilk's Herbal Cholesterol with Carrot Oil 1x a week to dc, the label says that it has Keratin. So I'm wondering if I'll get protein overload??? I plan to use it on Tuesday and then do a moisturizing dc on Friday, I'm hoping this will give me a good protein/moisture balance. Here are the ingredients and a description:

INDICATIONS: Lustrasilk Cholesterol Carrot Oil Herbal Cream with Super Detangling Formula is used for dry, damaged, relaxed and chemically treated hair. Enriched with Keratin Protein to restore extra body and give new life to brittle hair. No heat cap necessary.
Lustrasilk Cholesterol Carrot Oil Herbal Cream with Super Detangling Formula:

• Helps prevent hair breakage.
  • 4 Vitamins.
  • Beta Carotene.
  • 3 Essential Oils.
  • No petrolatum jelly that can clog hair follicles.
  • Formulated with Beta Carotene to help restore your hairs natural beauty and shine.
INGREDIENTS: WATER, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETEARLY ALCOHOL (AND) POLYSORBATE 60, CETYL ALCOHOL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, CARROT OIL, TOCOPHEROL, ROSEMARY OIL, SAGE, ARNICA, BURDOCK, STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE, CHOLESTEROL, MINERAL OIL, DISTEARYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE, METHYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, YELLOW # 5, YELLOW # 6, FRAGRANCE.</SPAN>

Hi ladies, I want to use Lustrasilk's Herbal Cholesterol with Carrot Oil 1x a week to dc, the label says that it has Keratin. So I'm wondering if I'll get protein overload??? I plan to use it on Tuesday and then do a moisturizing dc on Friday, I'm hoping this will give me a good protein/moisture balance. Here are the ingredients and a description:

INDICATIONS: Lustrasilk Cholesterol Carrot Oil Herbal Cream with Super Detangling Formula is used for dry, damaged, relaxed and chemically treated hair. Enriched with Keratin Protein to restore extra body and give new life to brittle hair. No heat cap necessary.
Lustrasilk Cholesterol Carrot Oil Herbal Cream with Super Detangling Formula:
  • Helps prevent hair breakage.
  • 4 Vitamins.
  • Beta Carotene.
  • 3 Essential Oils.
  • No petrolatum jelly that can clog hair follicles.
  • Formulated with Beta Carotene to help restore your hairs natural beauty and shine.
INGREDIENTS: WATER, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETEARLY ALCOHOL (AND) POLYSORBATE 60, CETYL ALCOHOL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, CARROT OIL, TOCOPHEROL, ROSEMARY OIL, SAGE, ARNICA, BURDOCK, STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE, CHOLESTEROL, MINERAL OIL, DISTEARYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE, METHYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, YELLOW # 5, YELLOW # 6, FRAGRANCE.</SPAN>

is this product labeled incorrectly because i don't see keratin or any other type of protein listed in those ingredients

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
^^^^^
I thought the same thing, but I thought that maybe Keratin was listed as a different name??? I used it last night as a dc for 30 min. with heat and my hair is soft today not stiff at all so I don't know...

DMJ's Mom

I think it might depend on your hair. I DC'ed when I first BC'ed every night with a protein mask (profectiv silk protein mask) and used a protein spray (beyond the zone protein cocktail) during the day and my hair really thrived. My hair really loves protein and breaks less using protein than when I use lots of moisture

^^^^^
I thought the same thing, but I thought that maybe Keratin was listed as a different name??? I used it last night as a dc for 30 min. with heat and my hair is soft today not stiff at all so I don't know...

i think you will be fine using it every week. just pay attention to how your hair responds. you may have to clarify every once in a while. choloesterol is a fat and can build up on the hair strands. some people experience build up and others don't.

PuffyBrown

I agree also that it depends on your hair.

My hair loves protein and I use it(keraphix) on the 1x per month that I am not doing my hardcore tx(emergencee) treatment.

Some peoples hair just cannot take all that protein, whilst others' hair just love it.