Keeping the FAITH is all you need...My Story (long)

jada1111

Okay, you guys know I don't come in this forum often to testify about anything, but I just want to give a little story about how God came to my rescue when I literally wasn't expecting it.

I'm not gonna get deep into everything that's happened, but let's just say that 2008 was the WORST YEAR financially of my life and up until a couple of months ago, I had no idea how I was going to recover from it. Deep down in my heart I "knew" that all of this was a "test" of some sort and my fate was not to wind up in a shelter or on someone's couch (this did happen, but happily only for a month LOL).

Before I continue I just want to say that EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED TO ME WAS "SUPPOSED" TO HAPPEN in order to prepare me for the future (which revolves my current situation). I had to learn what true potential hardship was in order to "appreciate" what was to come next.

Last year it seemed like everything that could go wrong went wrong. I kept trying to hold onto an apartment that I wasn't supposed to keep anymore (just didn't realize it at the time). Every time it seemed a job would come through, it somehow fell through the cracks. Not because I did anything, but because of the "economy". Even as this was all happening, I knew that there was a "reason" why I wasn't getting these jobs. I kept telling myself, I can't see the reasons now, but I will "later".

Fast forward to March 2009. I submit resume on Craigslist for an office job that I really didn't believe was going to be answered, but went through the motions anyway, because the skillset was up my alley and I knew I could do it. Later on that evening I got a call from the office manager asking me if I would like to come in for an interview. We set up something, the interview was a cinch, but she warned me ahead of time that the boss is a "screamer". I was like okay, I've worked for yellers before, so it wasn't a problem. The "yellers" NEVER yelled at ME, but basically at people over the phone and the situations around them. It was never personal.

To make a long story short, I interview with the man, he's a charmer, seems fine and he said he would call me in a couple of days. I didn't know what to believe. This is L.A. and people talk crap all the time here, so I took his word with a grain of salt and left. Instead of calling me during the week, he called on a Saturday and asked me if I wanted to start that week! I said yes.

Okay, this man is INSANE!! He doesn't call me out my name, but he is certifiable and yells at EVERYONE, so I know it's not personal. I won't lie and say it doesn't feel like I'm walking on eggshells all the time, but I'm getting paid very well EVERY WEEK. There's been SEVERAL TIMES over the weeks where I have wanted to call it QUITS, but I'm like "What for? If he doesn't want me anymore, he'll let me go." Also, I need to save up three months rent BEFORE I make that move.

In exactly TWO MONTHS I am living in a NEW APARTMENT in the city of LA this time, close to all the major buses that can take me to my job. I'm right around the corner from the supermarkets, laundromat and drugstores. My apartment is $750 a month, includes gas and is in a very nice building. I can jog in the morning and not have to worry about "undesirables" bothering me. I was paying $1,000 in the Valley, which has sucky transportation and you NEED a car to get everywhere. Luckily, I lived 13 minutes walking from the North Hollywood metro subway line.

I said all this to say that GOD DOES WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS and HE MAKES A WAY WHEN THERE IS NO WAY (in the logical sense).

I got a job in the middle of the worst recession in history and I literally had no idea if it would ever happen. Do I love my job? HELL NO!!!! But if I didn't go through what I went through the previous year, I probably would have left this job the first time he got stupid and kissed it goodbye all due to "pride". I was being taught a lesson of how to put "pride" aside to get my financial house in order. I will put up and deal with what I have to for as long as I need to. He's not a raging maniac all day long and can be cool sometimes, but he is what he is. I wont sleep with him to keep my job (sorry, not with him, just can't do it) and if he ever does fire me, I know that God has another job waiting for me around the corner that is BETTER than this one.

Even with all this I am very, very happy! I did keep the faith. I didn't know "when" it was going to happen, but it did.

For everyone going through hard times in finances, love, etc., it WILL get better. You'll see.

I also found $20.00 today! Yippee! :yay:

Last edited:
Okay, you guys know I don't come in this forum often to testify about anything, but I just want to give a little story about how God came to my rescue when I literally wasn't expecting it.

I'm not gonna get deep into everything that's happened, but let's just say that 2008 was the WORST YEAR financially of my life and up until a couple of months ago, I had no idea how I was going to recover from it. Deep down in my heart I "knew" that all of this was a "test" of some sort and my fate was not to wind up in a shelter or on someone's couch (this did happen, but happily only for a month LOL).

Before I continue I just want to say that EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED TO ME WAS "SUPPOSED" TO HAPPEN in order to prepare me for the future (which revolves my current situation). I had to learn what true potential hardship was in order to "appreciate" what was to come next.

Last year it seemed like everything that could go wrong went wrong. I kept trying to hold onto an apartment that I wasn't supposed to keep anymore (just didn't realize it at the time). Every time it seemed a job would come through, it somehow fell through the cracks. Not because I did anything, but because of the "economy". Even as this was all happening, I knew that there was a "reason" why I wasn't getting these jobs. I kept telling myself, I can't see the reasons now, but I will "later".

Fast forward to March 2009. I submit resume on Craigslist for an office job that I really didn't believe was going to be answered, but went through the motions anyway, because the skillset was up my alley and I knew I could do it. Later on that evening I got a call from the office manager asking me if I would like to come in for an interview. We set up something, the interview was a cinch, but she warned me ahead of time that the boss is a "screamer". I was like okay, I've worked for yellers before, so it wasn't a problem. The "yellers" NEVER yelled at ME, but basically at people over the phone and the situations around them. It was never personal.

To make a long story short, I interview with the man, he's a charmer, seems fine and he said he would call me in a couple of days. I didn't know what to believe. This is L.A. and people talk crap all the time here, so I took his word with a grain of salt and left. Instead of calling me during the week, he called on a Saturday and asked me if I wanted to start that week! I said yes.

Okay, this man is INSANE!! He doesn't call me out my name, but he is certifiable and yells at EVERYONE, so I know it's not personal. I won't lie and say it doesn't feel like I'm walking on eggshells all the time, but I'm getting paid very well EVERY WEEK. There's been SEVERAL TIMES over the weeks where I have wanted to call it QUITS, but I'm like "What for? If he doesn't want me anymore, he'll let me go." Also, I need to save up three months rent BEFORE I make that move.

In exactly TWO MONTHS I am living in a NEW APARTMENT in the city of LA this time, close to all the major buses that can take me to my job. I'm right around the corner from the supermarkets, laundromat and drugstores. My apartment is $750 a month, includes gas and is in a very nice building. I can jog in the morning and not have to worry about "undesirables" bothering me. I was paying $1,000 in the Valley, which has sucky transportation and you NEED a car to get everywhere. Luckily, I lived 13 minutes walking from the North Hollywood metro subway line.

I said all this to say that GOD DOES WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS and HE MAKES A WAY WHEN THERE IS NO WAY (in the logical sense).

I got a job in the middle of the worst recession in history and I literally had no idea if it would ever happen. Do I love my job? HELL NO!!!! But if I didn't go through what I went through the previous year, I probably would have left this job the first time he got stupid and kissed it goodbye all due to "pride". I was being taught a lesson of how to put "pride" aside to get my financial house in order. I will put up and deal with what I have to for as long as I need to. He's not a raging maniac all day long and can be cool sometimes, but he is what he is. I wont sleep with him to keep my job (sorry, not with him, just can't do it) and if he ever does fire me, I know that God has another job waiting for me around the corner that is BETTER than this one.

Even with all this I am very, very happy! I did keep the faith. I didn't know "when" it was going to happen, but it did.

For everyone going through hard times in finances, love, etc., it WILL get better. You'll see.

Awesome, story! You are right...keeping the faith is what got you through!

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

That is WONDERFUL. AND you found a cheaper apartment too great

Yep!! I don't know why, but I didn't think there were any apartments for under a $1,000 in the city. I'm in downtown LA (near Koreatown), it's sort of ghetto here, but not all the way. It's "good" ghetto. LOL! It's also diverse with a mix of all nationalities which I like.

I'm just happy to be able to buy PRODUCTS AGAIN!! :yay: Skincare, bodycare as well as hair. I did what I could with my "budget" stuff, but it feels so good to get QUALITY again. :yep:

Oh, another thing, my experiences have also taught me that there are "no places to go" for single people with no kids that need help. The state of california has NOTHING for you, except b.s. Now that I know the REAL deal, whenever somebody asks me for some "change" I give it to them. Usually $1.00 and only if I have it, cause I know ain't nobody looking out for them. They're not all druggies trying to get over. The monies they get are seriously inadequate.

As more middle and upper class folks go to the "system" for help, they'll realize that the "help" they thought these people were getting was "never" there at all. :nono:

About the $20.00 "gift". I think God sent that to me, because I gave a guy some change today, when I wasn't going to, because I wanted to conserve my money. I told him no, then two seconds later changed my mind and gave him a dollar. Ten minutes later I gave him a chocolate bar I had bought. I didn't know if he wanted it, but he took it happily.

It wasn't that I was expecting anything for it, I just know that there really isn't any money available to him. Even if he's getting SSI, it's still garbage.

Thanks. I think I remember you talking about how G-d said He'd take care of you when your savings were running low. Right? I often thought of you...or somebody on this forum lol. You gave me encouragement because I started my new job and the training is maddening and scary!!! I was ready to bail...call my agent to find me something else and fast!!!...with worse hours. Sigh...maybe G-d will send me that loving miracle husband lol. Thanks for your testimony. I'm so happy you've got a better bldg., cheaper rent, supermkt and laundry close...and on the busline? Gurl! That's truly a blessing. Eh, I'll pray he stops screaming tho:look:

Thanks. I think I remember you talking about how G-d said He'd take care of you when your savings were running low. Right? I often thought of you...or somebody on this forum lol. You gave me encouragement because I started my new job and the training is maddening and scary!!! I was ready to bail...call my agent to find me something else and fast!!!...with worse hours. Sigh...maybe G-d will send me that loving miracle husband lol. Thanks for your testimony. I'm so happy you've got a better bldg., cheaper rent, supermkt and laundry close...and on the busline? Gurl! That's truly a blessing. Eh, I'll pray he stops screaming tho:look:

Thank you GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I. That old man will NEVA change.

I wasn't the one that said God always supplies when the money is low (at least I didn't say it here), but I always received money when I was down to my last.

I don't ever plan on getting caught out there like that again.

The economy is supposed to improve around September. I believe all of this financial suffering was planned by the "powers that be" - meaning the super rich folks running this world. There is no way eight years of unbridled lawlessness could go unnoticed like this under SEC unless they were told to look the other way.

Everything will go back to the way it was or SHOULD HAVE BEEN if people didn't let their greed get the best of them.

I realize now that MAN'S LAW will never compare to GOD'S LAW. As long as you have faith it will all come together somehow.

That's a wonderful story - Thanks for sharing!

Reminds me of my study of Moses and the complaining Israelites! Glad you were not like them and saw that you are blessed!

PRAISE GOD!!! He is indeed good. I read your story and its very similar to mine. We lived in Orlando and when we decided to move to Fort Lauderdale we prayed about it, and everything, I mean everything fell into place. No problem. I got this job easily, and I hate it, but just like you I am praying putting my financial house in order and I know when something new is suppose to come along, it will be like this.

Keep praying and keeping the faith.

Congrats! He is AWESOME!

I know the feeling of gratitude all too well. I remember getting my last unemployment check and starting a new job one week later! Right on time.

Back