Keeping a Song in Your Heart

TrulyBlessed

In addition to prayer and consulting the Word, one of the most effective ways to get me through my trials and tribulations is through keeping a song in my heart. What are some of your favorite Christian songs/Albums that you play or even sing to yourself for encouragement and giving Praise.

Some of my main ones:

1. I Told the Storm- Greg O'Quinn 'N Joyful Noize
2. Stand- Donnie McClurkin
3. Imagine Me- Kirk Franklin
4. I'll Stand Until (You Come for Me)- not sure of the artist
5. The Storm is Over Now- Kirk Franklin & the Family
6. Hezekiah Walker (just about any song of his)
7. Thank You- Walter Hawkins
8. High in All the Earth- TD Jakes & the Potter's House
9. Let's Give Him Praise- TD Jakes & the Potter's House
10. Thy Loving Kindness is Better than Life- not sure of the artist

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
So true...The song that constantly stays in my heart is "I Don't Mind Waiting on the Lord", by Juanita Bynum.

The continuous words of the entire song, yet so powerful. For it becomes imbedded in one's spirit and into the inmost parts of our hearts and our souls. Faith comes by 'hearing' and hearing and hearing. And what we hear does so truly matter.

Something else. For years I fall asleep to soft gentle worship music. I'd also placed it in my children's rooms when they were younger and to this day, they both still do this and with their own children.

God says, "...He gives His beloved, 'sweet sleep.'

"I don't mind waiting.........I don't mind waiting....I don't mind waiting....ont the Lord. I don't mind waiting....I don't mind waiting...I don't mind waiting....on the Lord."

To Him be all the Glory...Amen.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I agree about song in fact sometimes a song can minister to me more than the spoken word.

Some songs that are in me are:

1) I Almost Gave Up - Kirk Curr
2) Where is Your Faith - James Cleveland
3) God Is - James Cleveland
4) If the Storm Doesn't Cease - I'm not sure by who
5) Albaster Box - CeCe Winans
6) Jehovah Jireh - Vicki Winans

redeemed516

I like hymnals personally for this purpose. Those songs have brought many a believer through some difficult times.
Some of my favorites
This joy (that i have the world didn't give it to me)
Farther Along
By and By
I've come to the garden
Amazing Grace
We've come this far by faith.

charmingt

I love the songs that lift up Jesus especially in high praise. I love upbeat songs that praise the Lord and magnify Him.