Kat's Lair -- Hair Lounge...review

dm81

I don't know if many of you remember my hair mishap. My stylist had highlighted my hair to a platinum blond, and then I had to go get the color corrected. Well my hair suffered because of the double processing. I noticed that it had broken, and was just overall unhealthy. Well I wanted a change so I went to a new stylist, Kat Jennings.

I normally used Creme of Nature No Lye Mild Relaxer. I had forgotten to bring it with me, so I purchased CON Regular because supposedly they don't make mild anymore. Before I got into her chair I told her that I bought my own relaxer, and she said that she never uses a regular relaxer on any of her clients hair, and since I was a first time customer she would have to assess my hair first.

Welll she looked over my hair and asked why I thought I needed a relaxer...and I told her that I was almost 12 weeks post and it was time...my hair looked terrible. She told me that she uses Mizani Butter Blends Rhelaxer for Fine Hair. Before she put the relaxer in, she put Mizani Honey Shield on My hair and then she sprayed my scalp with Razac Oil. She rinsed, shampooed, and deep conditioned me. Then she cut my hair, unfortunately because of the mishap, she had to cut more than I would've liked her but I'd rather have short healthy hair, than longer jacked up hair.

After everything was said and done she explained to me that my hair was really overprocessed. She also surprised me and told me that I should consider growing out my relaxer because she didn't think that I needed one, she said that I really needed a relaxer she suggested that I get it 2-3 times a year...but said that I should only texturize if anything. She said that she could get my natural hair, to look just like it was relaxed with a flat iron, and that my hair would be much thicker. My head was sorta spinning...no relaxer needed?!

I then asked her about a weave. She told me that I would have to come back for at least three deep conditioning treatments because she would put a sew-in in my hair in the state that it's in now, she said that it would just break.

Overall I was impressed, Kat seems to know her stuff. I'll definitely be going back, and I suggest you ladies in the NYC area check her out too.

You can check out her myspace page, she's excellent with cuts:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=203140280

Salon Address and Number:
No Walk-Ins appointments only
346 West 36th St.
Manhattan New York, 10018

212 594 8075