Just Made A Big Decision Today

vtoodler

Today, I decided that I will no longer use a relaxer in my hair.

My last relaxer was on October 10, 2010, and I decided that I will flat iron it from now on.

This was a really difficult decision, but I think that my hair will be healthier when it's natural. As of today, it's much thicker than it has ever been in years, and I believe that's because I haven't used a relaxer in so long.

Wish me luck.

Last edited:
You have been going strong since Oct 2010 so that's a good start. May you be blessed with skills, patience and much understanding.

Do you plan on transitioning or BC?

Most of my previously relaxed hair is gone. I just have a little bit of it left.

My natural hair, however, is quite long now long. It's a little past neck length when I flat iron it. For the most part, it's much healthier than my relaxed hair.

Hi BraunSugar,

This is completely off topic and I never post but I just had to ask what is that film clip that you have at the bottom of ur post? It has me crackin up on the floor! lol

I am so nervous. I hope that I don't "cave" one day and suddenly get a relaxer.

I caved a time or two and relaxed (after not relaxing for 6-8 months) before I went fully natural. It was all part of my process. But I made it to the "finish line" in the end, and you will too.

Good luck and congrats. :)

CONGRATS! I'm sure you will love it. Besides think of it this way: 1. You can save money because it's a lot less expensive than maintaing a relaxer. 2. It's a lot less to worry about. 3. You can be versatile & switch the hair up at any time.

Good luck & HHG!

I wish you luck!! Keep us updated! If I ever take the plunge to leave the relaxer alone I will be a heat straightened natural as well. Keep me posted please, good and bad.

Back