Just Joined LHCF!! Looking for Relaxer Tips??

mika vs sasha

Hi Ladies. I'm new to LHCF and I must admit I'm so nervous about posting, but I must overcome my fear and put it out there. I've been lurking since April and I've gotten to the point where I need some advice. I want give myself a touch up over the weekend.

Here is my question:
Does anyone use any oils on there hair before relaxing? I currently use Cremeof Nature Scalp Protector on my scalp only. I don't want to overprocess my hair, will oils help prevent overprocessing?

(I was thinking maybe using Evoo or coconut oil on root to end to and then apply the relaxer)

Last relaxer:3/5
Relaxer Type: Mizani
Hair Type: 3b/c

I look forward to posting pics !!!

baglady215

Welcome and don't be nervous!!! Come on out the lurker closet girl!

To protect my hair, I use Affirm Protecto. I bought a small bottle (2 uses) for $1.99. I don't put anything on my scalp because I don't burn easily and I think it leads to my hair being underprocessed.

mika vs sasha

Thanks Ladies!! I'm so happy to be a member!! I think I'm going to use Natalied's suggestion, but I'm going to use the Creme of Nature Scalp protector on the edges but the EVOO sounds good. :)

"I use vaseline on my edges and EVOO on all the previously relaxed hair right before I relax. HTH....oh and Welcome!"

I'll post pic over the weekend.

mika vs sasha

Thanks Ladies!! I'm so happy to be a member!! I think I'm going to use Natalied's suggestion, but I'm going to use the Creme of Nature Scalp protector on the edges but the EVOO sounds good. :)

"I use vaseline on my edges and EVOO on all the previously relaxed hair right before I relax. HTH....oh and Welcome!"

I'll post pic over the weekend.

KEIONI'S MOM

Welcome :newbie: :wave: you should take a look at the Newcomer's Guide that Don't Speak Defeat (DSD) has posted. In there, there is a tip on self relaxing by Southern Girl maybe that would help you out. HTH

sky_blu

Welcome! I just joined recently too and just jumped in around here because I couldnt take being a lurker lol. I actually joined the same day I found the site. But to your question I agree with vaseline thats what I used when I did my own, my stylist uses oil sheen right out the can. It doesnt make it burn faster or slower its just the same as using vaseline or grease.