Just how do you assess damage adn its effect

gymfreak336

Ladies the reason I ask this is because this year I have had many setbacks. For starters I had two dye disaster from people claiming they know what to do. After both times I has to cut about 3-5 inchs off. With that said, I have regrown that hair. I also had two cases of being overprocessed. Just about all year, I have washed and deep conditioned twice a week. I might have used heat maybe once or twice a month, otherwise just rollersets and wraps. The problem is that I am still having issues with my ends. To be honest I thing I should just get maybe an inch cut off. I am just getting fustrated:mad: because no matter how much I cut, when it starts to grow, my ends start to look a mess. I have an area in my nape that grows soooo slow (I think due to years of overprocessing and bad wrapping techniques) so that portion of my hair always looks so uneven. Do you ladies think that I am still seeing the residual effects the damage earlier on this year? What can I do differently to help my ends so I can finally get to shoulder length. What do you think damages hair the most to the least.

I can tell you from my experience before I even came to LHCF. I stopped all the cutting and my hair was bunned every single day. I washed and deep conditioned every three days without fail.

But I know ladies on hear who do better with less manipulation. But my hair loved the constant deep conditioning and no-one ever knew the true length of my hair.

I think that the baggie method mentioned on the forum is great. I personally haven't done it but the rational behind it is a good idea.

Protect and baby the ends. Remember it is the oldest and weakest part of your hair

Back