just got my relaxer (fotki update)

mnemosyne

Hi!

After 6 (whups said 8 before o.o forgot when I went to phyto universe >.>) months of sitting on getting a relaxer I finally went to Elia salon yesterday.

The owner is very nice and uses Phyto II on herself which is why she questioned when I asked for I as a relaxer. Once she saw the results she agreed that it worked well for my hair. She also mentioned that they sold a whole lot of different products targeted towards our hair. I told her I needed to use up my other products first. =)

I currently have two albums, one from a few days before and one from yesterday (and a picture of my ng from the night before).

I don't think I've posted anything like this ever so here's to breaking my progress post cherry. :blush3:

I might backfill some older pics (like from may when a stylist decided my hair needed 'layers' and chopped the hell out of it.

Password is in my profile:
http://public.fotki.com/mnemosyne/2008/

Last edited:

mnemosyne

Thanks! Also, can anyone tell me what hair type my hair is by the new growth picture? It's very soft and fine, but the coils are small. So is that 4a?

Last edited:

Traycee

Hair looks great....I wish I could have left a comment on your Fotki but its blocked....Wonderful results!!!

mnemosyne

Oh, it is? let me check the settings! It should be set now to let anyone post ( I think it was just fotki members before)

mnemosyne

Thanks =)

Instead of using the reconstructor from the Phyto box they used this acid conditioner from UNA by Rolland. I looked at the bottle and the ingredients seemed fine. It didn't have SLS but it had another type of LS: ammonium maybe?

It was awesome that they had the pH of the item on the bottle. It also said specifically that it wasn't for everyday use. I'm assuming it's like porosity control. (They put the neutralizer and conditioner out of the phyto box in the cabinet with the rest of the products). After that they used some alter ego conditioner with a pump, but I didn't get a good look. They used a leave in from the UNA line as well,, but I forgot what it was.

Did anyone have an answer on what my hair type was from the new growth picture?

BrownSkin2

You have very pretty hair. Judging from your new growth, you look to be a 3 something. Your natural hair so pretty, I wouldn't relax if I were you.