June 17 18 19 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

Tonight:
Cleanse: DevaCurl No Poo Decadence
Protein: Green Beauty REAL Protein Treatment mixed with DevaCurl One Condition Decadence
Leave-in: KCKT
Blow dry
Saturday: Finally getting Goddess Braids:happydance::headspin::happydance::headspin::happydance::headspin::happydance::headspin:

Sunday:
Wake up ecstatic that I won't perform the usual wash day for the next month!

Last edited:
Why does it seem like everything I use runs out at one time? Tonight I have to go to Sephora and Ulta to stock up on eye serum, shampoo, conditioner, face toner, etc. Blegh.

Tomorrow after the gym I will:
Oil and finger detangle with olive oil
DC with Pantene masque
Shampoo and condition with Pureology Hydrating set
Roller set with its a 10 leave in and chi brilliance serum (I've been loving this serum)
Pibbs dry
Bun it up

Finished up last night. This whole wash was just :love2:

Co-Cleanse: APB Moisturizing Whipped Cleansing Creme (Cheers scent)
Condition: Silk Dreams Destination Hydration (almost empty use up)
Moisturize: SSI Coco Creme Leave In (almost empty use up) and SSI Marshmallow Herbal Creme
Seal: Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp

Hey Ms.T! :kiss:

So next week I am travelling to the States and will spend a few days in Tennessee before heading to my appointment with Reniece in DC the following Wednesday. I have to take down my hair and fully detangle prior to my appointment. Keep in mind next weekend will make 6 weeks in these cornrows, so the detangling job will be significant. My options on how to handle this are:

1. Take down my hair over the next few days at the 5 week+ mark, fully detangle and get mom to plait it into about 8 cornrows the day before I leave so I can wig it while I travel. That way I only have a light detangle to do the night before the appointment.
or
2. Do the take down and detangle during my time in Tennessee, and put it in big twists/bun in prep for my appointment.

Now I am leaning towards option #1, because I will be spending lots of time with potential bae :look: and I don't want to have the hassle of dealing with my hair then. At the same time I really wanted to leave my hair in for 6 weeks and avoid detangling twice.

What do you ladies think?

@bajandoc86, would there be a need to detangle again after one week? I guess you can make sure its well moisturized under the wig so it will be less manipulation a second time around.

Safe travels up here, please update us on your Reniece visit and enjoy the time with potential bae :D :D :D

Tomorrow:

Pre-poo: Philip Kinglsey Elasticized Extreme under heat for 20 mins.
Poo: KeraCare Hydrating Poo
Treatment: Annabelles White Chocolate Mousse on length and Apogee 2 Min Reconstructor
DC: Marie Dean's Sweet Milk Conditioning DC under heat for 30 mins
Leave-ins: Annabelles/Oil/KBB
Dry: Air dry 80% and blow dry on cool till dry
Bun

I guess its close to 3 (or 4 weeks?) since I last washed, conditioned and protein treat my hair. I'll be doing my hair tomorrow!

Wash: Jakeala ACV Shampoo/Mud Puddle Bentonite Clay Wash
Protein/Deep Condition: SiameseTwist Sweet Potatoe Pie, Mielle's Babbasu Oil and Mint DC and Jakeala's Honey Hair Mask (original formula)
Style: 6-8 braids with Melonberry Hair Refresher, SiameseTwist Strawberry Coils Spritz, SiameseTwist Cupuacu Carrot Cream, Natty Naturals Nappy Crème, and Anita Grant's Sapote Oil as my sealant

@bajandoc86, would there be a need to detangle again after one week? I guess you can make sure its well moisturized under the wig so it will be less manipulation a second time around.

Safe travels up here, please update us on your Reniece visit and enjoy the time with potential bae :D :D :D

My hair sheds like a beast, so after one week I'd have to do a light detangle. But I'll definitely be focusing on maintaining moisture during that week.

Re: the bolded :blush: :giggle: Thank you and I sure will let y'all know how it goes.

Tomorrow:
Exfoliate: Naturelle Grow's Espresso Exfoliating Scalp Scrub
Finger Detangle: EVCO
Cleanse: Claudie's Jojoba Cleansing Conditioner
Treat: Cathy Howse UBH Under Dryer
Steam: Curl Junkie's Banana & Hibiscus
Final R/O: Darcy's Pumpkin Seed *if needed*
Twist: Curls Lavish and Sarenzo's Creamy Oil

Prepoo: Pure bymadebeautiful Purifying rinse
Shampoo: Alikay Naturals Black Soap Shampoo
DC: Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint DC
Moisturize & Style: Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel, Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade

Every other deep conditioner is dead to me

My hair right now is just....

old-man-crying.gif

I'm speechless tbh lmao I'll be back tomorrow when I get my thoughts together on how great this is

So I am such a scatterbrain at times. I totally forgot that mum and lil sis are travelling out of the island tomorrow. Which means I had to detangle my hair by today so she could cornrow it again. I managed to finish in good time, with minimal breakage.

This morning I prepooed with an avj/pracaxi/pumpkin seedoi combo for 20 minutes ,then Moroccan Natural Oil Weightless Shampoo followed by 15 minutes of Keracare Super Reconstructor and 10 minutes if Keracare 5 in 1 Reconstructor.

My leave in will be Redken Antyis Snap Leave in. I have a combination of butters that I will be using to seal my hair with later.

Back