July 3,4,5,6...What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Lovely Ladies! :wave:

Coming to You early this Week as the U.S. has a Holiday tomorrow and a 3 day Weekend.

So, what are YOU doing this Weekend to Care For and Condition YOUR Hair??

oneastrocurlie

Marley Twists... Unfortunately. :( lol.

I was supposed to get my hair cut but they had to move my appointment back two weeks. So I'm hiding my mop until then cause I'm over doing twist outs.

I'll probably use my Komaza Care protein strengthener and CJ curl rehab to DC this weekend.

PureSilver

I can't wait to do my Aphogee 2-step Protein Treatment and Moisturizing DC'ing treatment this weekend.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I plan to do my hair either tomorrow or over the weekend depending if I find the time and energy. I just want to pre-poo, wash, and try a flexirod set again.. I tried it 2 wks ago and it was an epic fail.

NaturallyATLPCH

I will end up doing this on Monday, but,

Prepoo with APB Ayurvedic Oil
Shampoo with diluted shampoo
Conditioner rinse with diluted conditioner
Spray APB leave in
Air dry mi braids :yep:

LexiDior

Since the hurricane is coming to my area, ill have nothing better to do so Ill do a DC and maybe a rollerset.

Lissa0821

Sat under the steamer with Joico Moistrure Recovery Balm, wash and condition with Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo and conditioner. Greased my scalp with Ultra Sheen Creme Press. Gelled down my hair into a ponytail and added a phony ponytail for the weekend.

AgeinATL

Since it is hot as heck in the A, I will be wearing my hair in a top bun for tomorrow's festivities. Saturday, I will shampoo wash with my AIA Cleansing Pudding, DC with Bask Cacao Bark and rollerset to stretch my roots and smooth my ends. I then plan to try the bantu wraps that Lauren posted on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqNY14FjpEI.
Excited to see how it turns out.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Since it is hot as heck in the A, I will be wearing my hair in a top bun for tomorrow's festivities. Saturday, I will shampoo wash with my AIA Cleansing Pudding, DC with Bask Cacao Bark and rollerset to stretch my roots and smooth my ends. I then plan to try the bantu wraps that Lauren posted on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqNY14FjpEI. Excited to see how it turns out.

Her hair is beautiful and it turned out great. Hmmmmm.... Might have to try that method cause I suck at Bantu knots.

NaturallyATLPCH

Since it is hot as heck in the A, I will be wearing my hair in a top bun for tomorrow's festivities. Saturday, I will shampoo wash with my AIA Cleansing Pudding, DC with Bask Cacao Bark and rollerset to stretch my roots and smooth my ends. I then plan to try the bantu wraps that Lauren posted on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqNY14FjpEI.
Excited to see how it turns out.

Girl, this hot humid weather is so disrespectful! AgeinATL

AgeinATL

Girl, this hot humid weather is so disrespectful! @AgeinATL

NaturallyATLPCH

Girl, I laughed out loud at you calling the weather 'disrespectful'! You ain't NEVA lied!

At least you are in protective style mode. This humidity + 20 months of transitioning hair = :hair:

I need to quite playing and get some braids installed for the remainder of the summer. This heat is for the birds..

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Since it is hot as heck in the A, I will be wearing my hair in a top bun for tomorrow's festivities. Saturday, I will shampoo wash with my AIA Cleansing Pudding, DC with Bask Cacao Bark and rollerset to stretch my roots and smooth my ends. I then plan to try the bantu wraps that Lauren posted on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqNY14FjpEI. Excited to see how it turns out.

AgeinATL Seeeee I was all ready to do a flexi rod set and saw that tutorial on this board and wanted to try it, so I'm doing a regular roller set instead. lol

mzpurp

Not a thang! :lol::grin:

I found this Hollywood Beauty Mayo Moisturizing Creme Oil at my bf's house last week...it belonged to his mom.

I twisted my hair with it and loved the results, I asked her where she bought it and she said I can have it! :yay:

So fast forward to last night, I used my new Naturelle Grow's Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Cinnamon Deep Conditioner, sealed w/ NjoiCreationS Ayurvedic Hair Oil and put one of those silver DC caps on and fell asleep..lol

Woke up this morning, washed it out and did a quick co-wash w/ my fav GVP Nexxus Humectress. I will say that this DC is a keeper! It was so easy to finger detangle when I applied it last night and my hair was super soft and I could just run my fingers through my hair with no problems this morning!

I twisted my hair with the Creme Oil and I'm going to leave my hair twisted until tomorrow when my holiday weekend festivities begin.

Atdow71

Shampoo, dc, retwist & curl my hair tonight and I might sit under the dryer. So not looking forward to it.

ronie

Prepoo: PK elasticizer extreme
Shampoo: joico moisture recovery
DC: joico MRTB
Leave ins/heat protectants: redken anti snap and redken supple touch softening cream
Blow dry using wigo ceramic straightening brush
Serum: chi keratin and silk infusion
Flat iron
Set loosely on flexi rods for added volume.

veesweets

Prepoo with Bask whiskey soak
Cleanse with Elucence moisture benefits
DC with Hairveda sitrinillah
Leave in/style with APB pudding, cantu curling cream and aloe vera gel

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Installed my shower filter (yay!)
Washed my hair with CON shampoo
Am now sitting under the dryer dcing with HE conditioner

It's my birthday weekend:grin: and tomorrow I'm getting my hair styled in Brussels

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Pre-poo: APB Ayurvedic Oil & SSI Argan Elixir with lavender/eucalyptus/tea tree EOs on scalp, APB Cherry Berry Bling Moisturizing Conditioner & HV Jardin Conditioning Oil under Hot Head cap (my dryer broke when I opened it :crying3: )
Clarify: Redken Hair Cleansing Cream
Protein Treatment: SSI Okra Hair Reconstructor with KV Henna Oil
DC: BRB Cocoa Coffee Rhassoul Hair Mask with HV Cocasta Oil under steamer
Post Wash: APB Green Apple Leave In Spray, Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls LI, PM Super Skinny Serum

Last edited:

Rozlewis

Pre-poo: Brahmi Oil on scalp and Coconut Oil on the Length under conditioning cap
Shampoo: KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Henna: Mehandi Henna for African American Hair overnight
DC: SD Shea What Deux, Avocado Oil, Peppermint, Rosemary, Eucalyptus Oil with steam
Leave-in: APB Leave-in/oil/conditioner
Air dry in twists

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tomorrow bright & early::sunshine:
Baggying with b.a.s.k. Apple Sorghum an hour or two
Cleanse with Curls Cleansing Conditioner
Lee Stafford Rx (5 minutes) over Coffee
Steam with Naturelle Grow's Slippery Elm, Marshmallow Root and Cinnamon
Rinse - Apply Leave-In & Dry under Dryer

After it dries - maybe Pure Pumpkin Seed Oil and some type of Crème or Lotion

Beamodel

Shedding/Protein Treatment - AE Garlic Treatment & SSI Okra Reconstructor

Cowash - Cream & Coco Cocomallow cowash bar

DC - Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends Slippery Elm Marshmallow Root

Leave in - HH Pink Lemon Berry Mimosa & Oyin Hair Dew

Seal - Avocado Oil

alove15

Shampoo w/ Kinky Curly Come Clean
DC w/ ORS Replenishing
Twist out w/ Darcy's Sweet Cocoa, My honey child type 4 cream and Jane Carter Wrap and Roll
Set the ends w/ perm rods

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Yay! One of my favorite threads.

Prepoo: HV Vatika Frosting
Cowash: HV Amala Cream Rinse
DC: SD Razzberry Coconut Affair w/Keravada Fenugreek oil in cotton candy scent
Leave in: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Seal: HV Vatika Frosting