Joico Regimens please!

beans4reezy

Hi Ladies,

Just getting into using Joico, but I have a question. I notice that besides their K-Pak, (which proclaims itself to be deep penetrating, but you only leave on your hair 5 mins or so), they don't have a moisturizing deep conditioner in any of their lines.

How are you Joico lovers deep conditioning your hair if you use Joico? Do you just ignore the instructions and keep it on for as long as you want? Or do some of you ladies just do the 17 min miracle and you get everything you need from that?

Please share your Joico regimens!

And yeah- I could have hit the search button, but I have eight mins to go before my break time at work is over and I need answers- fast:lol:.

TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I use the 17 minute miracle, then I use the Intense Hydrator, but if I use the Moisture Recovery Line, then I'll DC with the Treatment Balm. LOOOOVEEEEEEEEE the Treatment Balm, it was a live safer during my last stretch.

I use Joico k pak poo and cond I leave it in for about 7 mins. When I use the Joico Body luxe line I leave my conditioner in for about 30 mins. My texlax hair did not like the moisture recovery line because it was not enough slip. I lovvvvvveeee the body luxe line.

If I use the 17 minute miracle, then I use the Intense Hydrator, but if I use the Moisture Recovery Line, then I'll DC with the Treatment Balm. LOOOOVEEEEEEEEE the Treatment Balm, it was a live safer during my last stretch.

I consider the Moisture Recovery Balm to be a moisturizing DC.

I go with these two as well. But honestly, I feel that I can DC with the K-Pak and MR conditioners. Sometimes I leave them on overnight and wake up with luxuriously soft hair. :lick:

I just looked up 17 minute miracle and I just realized I have everything but the cuticle sealer. so Ive been doing it without even realizing LOL. I haven't tried the Intense hydrator yet but I'm looking forward to trying it. Right now I'm using a seperate moisturizing conditioner (Kenra MC) to follow up the K-pak

by the way i absolutely love the joico k-pak line. This and NTM are my staple lines

ETA: I leave the k-pak on for 5 minutes. Reconstructors don't play, I always follow directions

I consider the Moisture Recovery Balm to be a moisturizing DC.

Darn! I had the option to order the treatment Balm, and instead, I ordered the Treatment Lotion! I order Joico on line , I think I am going to have to troop it to a beauty supply to get the TX Balm.

I alternate between MR and the Silk Result line. I use K-Pak Reconstructor every 6-8 weeks for exactly five minutes (don't fool with that reconstructor, 5 minutes is ENOUGH!) and I use the Moisture Recovery Balm with a conditioner cap for about 15 minutes as a DC when I don't use ORS.

The treatment balm is the bomb.com!!! Also, on the conditioners that say leave it on past 3 minutes, it's usually a deep conditioner - to them. They formulate that stuff to do what it does in the prescribed time period.

I learned something about that MR Treatment Balm.

I do NOT need to use it two washes in a row. I'm biweekly washing/conditioning/heat styling and I used it two weeks after I initially used it; NO BUENO! I had a LOT of buildup on my scalp and my hair was dull after I flat ironed it and sealed with Chi Silk Touch. Never again; I will stick to using the Treatment Balm every 6-8 weeks.

Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm!!! It's the only conditioner I ever use. It is extremely moisturising and gives great slip. Furthermore, you don't need much of it. It lasts *forever*. Hands-down the best conditioner ever!!
I also use K-Pak protein treatment once every 5 weeks.

YES! I could go on and on about Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. My hair could be totally tangled from shampooing, and when I lay this stuff on it the tangles simply melt away like you wouldn't believe!!

Do you think if I DC'ed with just the regular moisture recovery conditioner, I would have good results? I got a GREAT deal on a big bottle of it at TJ Maxx, and I'm pretty determined to use it all up. If I leave it in for a long time could it work as well as the balm?

Do you think if I DC'ed with just the regular moisture recovery conditioner, I would have good results? I got a GREAT deal on a big bottle of it at TJ Maxx, and I'm pretty determined to use it all up. If I leave it in for a long time could it work as well as the balm?

I've never used the regular conditioner before (because this balm is all I need), but I will tell you that the consistency of the balm is so different from anything I've used before. It can be a bit sticky but it has amazing slip!

I own some of the K-Pak conditioner and if the Moisture Recovery conditioner is anything like that, I would tell you that I doubt the conditioner would be a solid substitute :sad:

Have any of you had any issues with the Reconstructor having mineral oil? My hair usually doesn't like MO but I've never tried it in a condish where I wash it out...

I have DC'd with the regular MR conditioner and got pretty good results, but it can't touch the Balm imho. I like it better for cowashes tho, or a quickie conditioner. I will probably get a liter next time it's on sale.

Have any of you had any issues with the Reconstructor having mineral oil? My hair usually doesn't like MO but I've never tried it in a condish where I wash it out...

My hair hates MO too, and I don't have any issues. For the longest time, I never even realized that K-pak had MO in it.

My hair hates MO too, and I don't have any issues. For the longest time, I never even realized that K-pak had MO in it.

Thanks! I got it in a set with the Hydrator and was scared to use the Reconstructor, but I like the condish so I'm going to give it a try soon.

Last edited:
I thought I had answered....oops!

Add me to the group that ignores the listed time for the conditioners. I use the Moisture Intense Hydrator regularly. Lately I have come to realize that I get the best results with it when I leave it on for 30-60 mins under a plain plastic cap.

I haven't tried the Moisture Balm which seems to get really good reviews here nor the Deep Penetrating Condish. I have them waiting in the wings tho.

Just wanna say thank you ladies for recommending Joico Moisture Recovery balm, I lurked on this thread and decided to try it. Both me and my 4b fine hair love it! I find that my hair holds onto moisture better during the week and I don't need much oil for styling. I've also used the k pak once so far and my hair holds a style better with it.

Joico is one line that the sulfates in the poo dont dry out my hair. I have been wanting to use joico exclusively but its pricey and I am heavy handed. Next on my list is to try the balms and silk result line

Last edited:
Ladies, if you have a Trade Secret in your area, watch them for specials on Joico. You can come up on the gift sets pretty regularly on sale, especially after Christmas and some other holidays.

I just started using joico for straight hair. Everyone raves about the mr balm but I think its too heavy for my hair. I just use the regular mr conditioner as a dc under the steamer for about 20 to 30 min. This is what they've always done on my hair at the salon as well, use a light conditoner as a dc so it wont weigh my hair down.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

What is everyone using as a moisturizing DC after the K-pak reconstructor. I'm about to take advantage of the sale at ULTA and need recommendation, please. Thanks!!

I'm about to bring this thread back from the dead.

I really want to try joico producsts specifically the reconstructor but all the products confuse me.

I have what I consider to be coarse hair. I know it's coarse because...well...i've compared it with other hair...and it looks the same. But my hair is breaking and I don't know what to do. I want to get all the k-pak products but I also want to try the moisture recovery balm. I only have a $100 budget and that's REALLY pushing the envelope for me. HELP!!

You don't even need half of that $100. JOICO Moisture Recovery Balm is $14 at TJMaxx and Sally's sells the generic reconstructor for $8.

ETA: I just saw where you said you want all of the line. Honestly, those are the two most necessary. Your reconstructor and moisture. Try subbing in your regular products until you can afford the rest of them.

Last edited:
Ive never used the brand but tj maxx, marshalls and Ross always has it for it the low low and sometimes even clearanced...hth

Back