Joico K Pak Reconstructor Experts..Help!

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I just purchased some Joico K Pak Reconstructor for $5.00 :grin:(Drug Fair is going out of business an everything is 60% off). Do you use this weekly, monthly?? Also, do you use it as a cowash or DC? Thanks so much.

Christelyn

I think it depends on your hair type. My hair is fine, and I can't use this stuff often--it leaves my hair tangled and causes more breakage than I like. But, if your hair is on the normal or coarse side...might be a different story.

taz007

My hair is VERY coarse so I use it every Monday (however, I dry DC with steam first). On Wednesday and Friday's I use the Moisture Recovery line.

hairmaster

I use as a Deep Conditioning treatment under a cap and dryer. You will love it. Dependint on condition of your hair will use it weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.

chebaby

my hair is fine and when i was relaxed i used this once a week in the shower for five minutes. then i would follow with a deep conditioning treatment like the intense hydrator for no less than 30 minutes. i really believe this is what kept my hair on my head when i was relaxed because i blowdried and flat ironed once every week. now that im natural i will still use it once a month (because i purchased 3 tubes before i did the big chop).
but in order to use it and love it you have to know your hair.
i take care of my mothers hair and would never use this frequently on her hair like i did mine because her hair is the thickest on the planet, coarse and her individual strands are already thick. she needs moisture more than anything.

Bachelorette

I think it depends on your hair type. My hair is fine, and I can't use this stuff often--it leaves my hair tangled and causes more breakage than I like. But, if your hair is on the normal or coarse side...might be a different story.

so fine hair shouldnt use it? :nono:

Christelyn

so fine hair shouldnt use it? :nono:

Not necessarily. My hair tangles and is hard when I use this product when there is already some other type of light protein in my hair. I actually prefer Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Treatment. Because I have fine hair, protein is good for me. But I have to really pay attention to the strength of the product because of the tangles and hardness I sometime get afterwards.

gymfreak336

Not necessarily. My hair tangles and is hard when I use this product when there is already some other type of light protein in my hair. I actually prefer Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Treatment. Because I have fine hair, protein is good for me. But I have to really pay attention to the strength of the product because of the tangles and hardness I sometime get afterwards.

You might be one of my hair cousins. I keep a big bottle of aphogee 2 minute on hand all of the time.

Bachelorette....keep in mind that Joico makes a liquid reconstructor spray more targeted for fine hair.

sqzbly1908

You might be one of my hair cousins. I keep a big bottle of aphogee 2 minute on hand all of the time.

Bachelorette....keep in mind that Joico makes a liquid reconstructor spray more targeted for fine hair.

This is what I use (the bolded) in lieu of the traditional K-Pak and I love it!!! :grin::grin::grin:

Dommo

I also use the leave-in liquid reconstructor; The DC does nothing special for me...I use the spray once to twice a week;basically anytime i wash and its not too much protein for me

Bachelorette

Thanks for mentioning this. I bought the spray today at the mall. so now I have this spray and the orginal reconstructor. My thing is arent they used differently? The liquid reconstructor says place in hair and wash out after 5 mins (like aphogee) but the spray one for fine head is said to be used like a leave in and not rinsed out? :ohwell:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Thanks for mentioning this. I bought the spray today at the mall. so now I have this spray and the orginal reconstructor. My thing is arent they used differently? The liquid reconstructor says place in hair and wash out after 5 mins (like aphogee) but the spray one for fine head is said to be used like a leave in and not rinsed out? :ohwell:
Since your Hair is "fine" you need to know how much Protein you can use without it damaging your hair, and whether or not your hair is "protein sensitive. You do not want anytype of Overload on your "Fine" Hair.

Personally, I would use the liquid during my relaxing process (if you relax) and a week after. And then as needed.

If my hair is natural, I would perhaps use about once a month, or as needed Especially if you plan to use the Spray as your Daily Leave-In.

You also need to pay attention to what Other types of Products you are also using as well as to whether they also contain "protein".

Whichever method you choose, make sure you incorporate a Good Moisturizing Treatment in your regimen.:yep:

Last edited:

Bachelorette

Oh my hair is fine with protein, just that I have these two and dont know how Im supposed to use them

Both are supposedly protein but the last one isnt supposed to be rinsed out. How does that work?

sqzbly1908

Oh my hair is fine with protein, just that I have these two and dont know how Im supposed to use them

Both are supposedly protein but the last one isnt supposed to be rinsed out. How does that work?

Hi Bachelorette - you would alternate both of these - the kpak leave in is for the fine haired chicks that want the benefit of the dc but not the weight - I would not use them at the same time as you may get protein overload...

Bachelorette

Hi Bachelorette - you would alternate both of these - the kpak leave in is for the fine haired chicks that want the benefit of the dc but not the weight - I would not use them at the same time as you may get protein overload...

lol hey. oh No I dont wanna use both. Just that Im trying to understand if there's a difference in how they are used. One is stated as a rinse out, the other as a leave in

are you saying they are both really meant just for DCs, just different textures of hair?c :spinning: