Joico K-Pak and my nape

ConstantlyDynamic

Hey everyone:)
So my aunt was so sweet and got the Joico K-Pak deep restorative treatment (or penetrating treatment. whatever it's called) for me. I used it yesterday on my hair (4a/b) but I've been noticing that my nape area is looser than it normally is. It doesn't even shrink as much as the other sections in my hair. It's concentrated in my nape but the same problem randomly shows up in other places. I took photos of my hair after I combed it this morning (these are photos of my dry hair- i airdried it last night- stopped using heat a couple of months ago because my ends would get heat-damaged and I kept cutting them off). The last one is of the front of my hair (which should be 4b!!) and the first two are of my nape. I wear puffs anyway so the change isn't noticeable but I'm wondering if other people experienced the same thing after using Joico. It's the only change that I made and I'm wondering if there is something in the Joico that does that.

Aside from that though I did like the treatment. It smells good! and my hair had less breakage when I combed it this morning, but because of the nape issue, I'm not sure if this treatment is good overall for my hair (i don't like having too much going on in my hair)

Attachments

• DSC04778.jpg
    DSC04778.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC04776.jpg
    DSC04776.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC04770.jpg
    DSC04770.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hi there,

Yes the first pic in particular looks looser. Funnily enough I did a protein treatment just last week (Roux Moisture Recovery) and my hairs reacting the same. Getting the protein levels on balance helps with moisture retention though doesnt it. i see in your siggy you've been jheri juicing n ceramide-ing. Sounds like your hair is thanking for all that love!

Hi there,

Yes the first pic in particular looks looser. Funnily enough I did a protein treatment just last week (Roux Moisture Recovery) and my hairs reacting the same. Getting the protein levels on balance helps with moisture retention though doesnt it. i see in your siggy you've been jheri juicing n ceramide-ing. Sounds like your hair is thanking for all that love!

Yep! Working on my retention. Thank goodness I haven't turned into a product junkie yet though because my wallet wouldn't be able to handle that:)

Back