JBCO v Unrefined castor oil?

Vintageglam

For the ladies who have or are using both, have you found a difference between the two or have you found them to be equally as good as each other?:look:

I have the JBCO and Home Health Castor oil and am trying to work out if it is really worth the hastle of trying to get hold of the JBCO (which can be a real nightmare being based in the UK)?:ohwell:

Also if you have a preference for either one I would love to know why. :yep:

TIA Ladies !!! :grin:

I found that my hair absorbed JBCO and made it soft unlike the Jamaican castor oil I bought from the Hair shops. That one was cold pressed, clear, thick, made my hair sticky and attracted fluff like no other.:nono:

I'm going use the latter for my body massages.:grin:

JinaRicci

Black castor oil seems thicker than the drug store one. So I use less & it lasts longer. I think my hair got a lot thicker in less time. Plus for me BCO smells like how castor oil should so maybe because of the smell I think it's doing more.

yardyspice

My mom just brought back some jbco that a lady they know back home makes so now I have three different types of castor oil to compare. I have the Indian and the regular store bought castor oil and the jbco is the best by far. It is thicker so a little goes a long way and it leaves my hair much softer. I would say the Indian co comes in second so I know now that it can be a replacement when I run out since I live close to the Indian shop. HTH.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Personally, I like the JBCO a lot better than the Cold Pressed, Unrefined I had.
Although, the Cold Pressed is easier to get my hands on and I Don't Have to Pay for Shipping.:nono:

Right now, though, I've been using 'other' Oils for the Ceramides properities. i.e. Wheat Germ, Hemp Seed, etc......will be adding Kukui Nut.

I do consider JBCO a Staple though.:grin:

Americka

The sweetest poster in the world *smileT* sent me some JBCO. Prior to that I was using the store bought CO. I like the JBCO, but I didn't like the smokey smell, so I mixed the JBCO with regular CO. :yep: I would like to try the lavender JBCO, but I can't justify the shipping costs. So until I hit the lottery, I'll stick to store bought CO. :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The sweetest poster in the world *smileT* sent me some JBCO. Prior to that I was using the store bought CO. I like the JBCO, but I didn't like the smokey smell, so I mixed the JBCO with regular CO. :yep: I would like to try the lavender JBCO, but I can't justify the shipping costs. So until I hit the lottery, I'll stick to store bought CO. :look:

If I ever Purchase the Lavender,(or whenever I re-stock my JBCO) I will Hook a Sista Up!:grin:

Nayna

Unbothered
I've been wondering about this too. So far I've tried Cold Pressed and JBCO. Both are thick as heck. I don't think I see much of a difference between them. I'm considering purchasing the Lavender JBCO as well. Like the other poster said though, the cold pressed is easier to get my hands on and pocket friendlier since I don't have to pay for shipping.

Vashti

I use the cold pressed, unrefined castor oil. I don't have any experience with the JBCO. So far it works just as good as the olive oil I use. In fact I mix it with the olive oil. I don't know that it makes a huge difference right now in growth. When I'm finished I'm going to search out some JBCO and compare.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I have thin hair. However, since I have been using the JBCO, I have noticed a thickening of my hair. Given that its thick, I add it to damp hair over night and the results are awesome. I put it in a pump with essential oils to mask the smell so that I can dole it in 1/4, 1/2 or full pumps for my hair.

Its taken awhile to get used to it, but the difference in my hair is all the proof I need to keep working with it.

gadgetdiva

I'm curious to know as well if there are greater benefits to JBCO than your grandma's cold pressed castor oil. I want to try it and goodness knows I've contacted my peeps who have fam in Jamaica to bypass the shipping but they aren't speaking to their ppl :nono:
So I think I will try Sams247.com They only have the 4oz size available it seems. So we shall see. I'll try a small bottle of cold pressed from the health food store til I receive it.
Surely there has got to be an EO that can be added to the CPCO because if my memory serves me correctly.. the smell used to make me gag :sick2: when my grandmother used to make me take it.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I hated plain ole castor when I first started using it. I find JBCO absorbs better. It actually absorbs into the hair versus sitting on top of it like regular castor does. Shout are to charmtreese for suggesting castor oil for air drying. Tonight was my first time attempting this and the results are soft, luscious hair.....and I absolutely NEVER air dry soft. JBCO will be a staple of mine from here on out.

Tiye

I hated plain ole castor when I first started using it. I find JBCO absorbs better. It actually absorbs into the hair versus sitting on top of it like regular castor does. Shout are to charmtreese for suggesting castor oil for air drying. Tonight was my first time attempting this and the results are soft, luscious hair.....and I absolutely NEVER air dry soft. JBCO will be a staple of mine from here on out.

I agree that jbco seems to absorb better. To answer the original question unrefined co would pretty much be the same as Jamaican co - just produced someplace else that's not Jamaica. If you can't get unrefined co from the carib or elsewhere then regular castor oil is okay too.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I agree that jbco seems to absorb better. To answer the original question unrefined co would pretty much be the same as Jamaican co - just produced someplace else that's not Jamaica. If you can't get unrefined co from the carib or elsewhere then regular castor oil is okay too.
That's good to know. Thx....