January-November 2014 Progress

Gr8ness83

Happy holidays ladies! Just wanted to share my progress for the year. I am getting loc extensions installed and plan on leaving them in for my Spring school semester, I'm hoping, praying and striving for 4-5". I was feeling like my growth stopped for a while but after looking at some pics, I see that is not the case. I just have a looooooong way to go (no pun intended).
A gentleman at my job said that he has never seen a Black woman with lonwitair that was hers. I showed him some of the ladies on here and he thinks it is weave. I am more determined to grow my hair longer than ever. I bet him that my hair will be waist length in 3 years. If I win, I get a hair products shopping spree. If I lose, I have to cook for him for a month. I'm not worried about it. Lol.

Anyway, without further delay.. My 2014 progress pics

Attachments

• collage_20141124161650309_20141124164236191.jpg
    collage_20141124161650309_20141124164236191.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 188

claud-uk

^^ I agree your curls are lovely, so well defined! And that's a great goal picture to work towards, I love the colour too - you're well on your way, you should start making your list on A4 paper now and when that gentleman has paid for all your well-earned goodies he can eat his words and have the list for dessert, fool to doubt you!

Gr8ness83

I don't think he realizes what a "hair'' spree may cost him. Tear his pockets up, Lol!

I don't think he does either! I tried to explain the "worst case scenario" but he is super confident that I cannot do it. Can someone say "Pibbs".... Lol:lachen:

I am not going to wear my hair out at work anymore, I'll let him think that he is right the entire time. Protective styles, vitamins, water, DC treatments, protein treatments and trims are all my new best friends. Lol. I'm going to rock a short wig for a while before reveal day and on reveal day.......BAM! Hit his pockets hard!
Thank all you ladies for your support!

Gr8ness83

^^ I agree your curls are lovely, so well defined! And that's a great goal picture to work towards, I love the colour too - you're well on your way, you should start making your list on A4 paper now and when that gentleman has paid for all your well-earned goodies he can eat his words and have the list for dessert, fool to doubt you!

You know, I just may do that! Lol. I know I am going to record his face when I reveal my hair.

ezina

I subscribed to this thread just so I can come back in three years and see your beautiful WL+ hair. And, of course, the reaction of your male co-worker. Start writing that shopping list now, girl!

Gr8ness83

I subscribed to this thread just so I can come back in three years and see your beautiful WL+ hair. And, of course, the reaction of your male co-worker. Start writing that shopping list now, girl!

Thank you! I can't wait either, I hope he remembers all of the negative things he said too! He truly has no idea the turmoil that his bank account is going to go through in three years. Plus with my hair being longer, I will need more product. lol I will post his reaction...

newgrowth15

Have him put his "agreement" in writing so that in 3 years' time, he doesn't suddenly forget what he said. Then shop 'til you drop. :lachen: