Jamila Henna Question!

Meridian

I recently purchased some Jamila henna. It's not the summer 2009 crop. It comes in the cellophane package. My question is, can I use this on relaxed hair? I've seen different info on different sites. Some say as long as it's 100 natural I can use it and others say it must be BAQ and others label it as BAQ2. Can anyone help me? Thanks!:look:

jamaraa

:giggle: @ didn't turn green or melt the hair.

Yes you can use it and get lovely results. As long as it didn't get wet in transit it should be fine. Henna, like any dried herb, lasts for a long time if it doesn't get wet. :yep:

Meridian

Someone said the the fake henna mixes could cause processed hair to burn and others said it would turn it green, so I was scared....

Thanks jamaraa!

jamaraa

Jamila's completely legit. They're talking about certain henna-esque dyes :giggle:, but you have nothing to worry about w/ what you have, IMHO. Jamila and Karishma are two of the most popular brands here. Both A+ and cheap! :yep:

Meridian

Freaking Indigo is hard to get out. I washed and washed until the water ran clear, but I still keep finding crummish crap in my hair.

Kellum

Jamila is a great brand. I am texlaxed and use it all the time. They are the only brand that I have tried and trust at this point. I have had nothing but good experiences using their henna.

spritex

I use jamila exclusively as well. No problems so far though my greys are a medium orange color. Or reddish depending on the light.;-)
I plan to try Yemen henna as I hear it geives a deeper color deposit.
Always follow henna applications with a moisturising conditoning treatment as it can be drying.

jamaraa

Meridian get in the tub and dunk your head a few time! That'll get rid of the rest of the grttiness of indigo. It's lovely stuff for color, but it's the dickens to rinse out in a 2 step!