I've been flat twisting all this time...

Connie

I\'ve been flat twisting all this time...

and didn't even know it until I checked out another black hair care site that featured natural hair care. What I've been doing lately is flat twisting my shoulder-length relaxed hair--one long flat twist on both sides--and curling the ends using a big sponge roller (with curl paper on them). In the morning I comb it out and it looks like I crimped my hair. I've been flat twisting before it even became popular because I can't cornrow to save my life

Allandra

Re: I\'ve been flat twisting all this time...

Sometimes I'll do one flat twist on each side (parted in the middle or on the side). When I do this, the people at work act like I've spent all day doing my hair.
I bet the curls on the ends of your flat twists look cute.

blackhair

I can cornrow but flat twisting is rocket science for me. Do you have a web site where I can learn how to do it ?

Connie

One of the members here had a link on one of her messages that took me to a site called blackhaircare.com (or something like that). The site tells you how to handle your natural hair..really good site, and I wish I could remember what that site address was :-(

Connie

I use big rollers on the ends, so it really doesn't curl; it just sort of tucks under :) It just looks SO like I used a crimping iron on it though. And the waves last all day..unless I get caught in the rain

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

Pookie25 said:
I will have to try that thanks.
Me too! :yep: Connie, do you know what site it was? I wanna see how to do flat twist. I can't cornrow either. I always let my mom cornrow my hair.

Peachtree

I used to have a link... (( somewhere )). If I find it, I'll post it for y'all.

I've been cornrowing & flat twisting since childhood... not on my own hair, but on relatives & friend's hair. However, now that I'm natural, I'm planning to do more of these styles on my hair!! ((They're GREAT protective styles! ))