It's Sunday, May 22, 2011

makeupgirl

Oh my, they are still asking for donations... I don't know what to say. I want to shake the followers and tell them to WAKE UP!! He should be distributing that money to his followers that gave up their lives to follow his false predictions. Sad!!

This is the case of : The blind leading the blind.

Unfortunately, this is suppose to happen. 2 Thes 2: 1-12

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Zeal

Girl... you are on point !

I was 'playing' the 'good Christian' by feeling sorry for him, yet had my doubts. I knew something was up, but didn't know what.

Now I know... Thanks Guitar

I don't know what his motives were. I just know that he was wrong.... and yes, I feel sorry for him.

These type of people are to be pitied. The reason is... they are sowing seeds and they have to reap all of those seeds and it is not going to be pretty. :nono::nono:

JMHO

ETA: Did someone say that they are asking for donations. For what? :nono::nono:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Unfortunately, this is suppose to happen. 2 Thes 2: 1-12

1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Thank you makeupgirl, I was looking for these verses because they're all I could think of in hearing this story.

I think it's really important not to make complete victims out of ourselves when we are deceived. God's word is clear that when we are deceived, it's because we have failed in some way to love the truth. Some how we have taken our eyes off of Jesus and away from His word and harkened to our own mind, will and emotions. And yes, I think this applies even to what we consider to be "holy" endeavors. This is really a warning to be more diligent about being faithful to God's word.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
:grouphug2:

Shimmmie...the Food was good... we enjoyed a nice plate of 1 Peter 2, with some James 1 and a big slice of Philippians 1:6

:lol::lol:
@Laela

Hey Loved One... :grouphug2:

I am so glad that you IS Heah! :lol:

Don't know what I'd do without my 'Roses' and don't wanna know. :nono:

I'm glad you had a nice dinner as well... but ummmm,

DID YOU SAVE ME A SLICE OF CAKE ! ! !

HUH ?

Well did ya' ? ? ? Huh ?

Got my right arm in a sling and can't do a thing. It is so hard getting adjusted to doing everything left handed.

But I'm here. :lol:

Send me a slice of cake Laela ... I like lemon pie too, but without the meringue. Send me both... :yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:grouphug2:

Shimmmie...the Food was good... we enjoyed a nice plate of 1 Peter 2, with some James 1 and a big slice of Philippians 1:6

:lol::lol:

:lol: Amein... Angel... Amein. :yep:

You had a wonderful experience of Taste and Seeing that the Lord is Good.

But ummmm, I still want CAKE ! ! ! :lol: