Itchy, Itchy Scalp

laurend085

I got kinky twist ext's on Wednesday. My head is still a little heavy but most of the soreness has gone away. This past night my scalp has began to itch like crazy. I don't if I need to wash it or what. How can I relieve the itching? Thanks.In.Advance

CandiedLipgloss

If you don't want to wash so quickly, you can try witch hazel soaked on a cotton ball and dab.
There is also something called dry shampoo. I never tried it, but a friend of mine uses it and loves it.
Do you think your scalp might be dry and you need to oil it?
Could it be the hair you used? Did you wash it prior to use?

laurend085

No I didn't wash it b4 use. I bought the hair once I got there and the lady told me what kind to get. I've never had kinky twists b4 so I've never used this hair.

shunemite

The brand "Better Braids" has a spray on shampoo that's got anti-dandruff stuff in there. For me, if I'm itching like crazy, I usually bite the bullet and wash with anti-dandruff shampoo. One time what I did was I put some diluted Head and Shoulders in a color applicator bottle, put it directly on the scalp, put a shower cap over my head for like 30 minutes when it tingled, then rinsed it out thoroughly in the shower. I didn't agitate the hair so the style wasn't messed up. Tea tree shampoo does wonders as well.

vkb247

You might just be itching because you hair is recovering from slight trauma (soreness). Like when a scratch itches after it is scabbed over because it is healing. If were you I would wait to see if it goes away natural before trying anything other than maybe some coconut or tea tree oil.

Platinum

I believe the alkaline coating on the extention hair is what is causing the itching. I usually have the same problem when I get my braids done. You may want to wash it.:yep: