Israel-Gaza Conflict

vevster

This guy on the right is Turkish and running for president. All the Arabs in the US will either not vote in the next Pres election or vote for this guy. Michigan (a swing state) is up in the air....

Last edited:

ScorpioBeauty09

I don't have the words to describe how angry, disgusted and brokenhearted I am that Israel is committing a genocide in real time under cover of darkness and the US and the West are co-signing it. I keep seeing tweets and articles about Arab/Muslim Americans losing faith and respect for Biden, even in the Biden Administration and I can't imagine the turmoil they're under. But the bet the Biden Admin makes that all this will be forgotten by November 2024 is a dangerous one. It's not just Arabs and Muslims who are angry about this and at Biden. I'm not Muslim (though my mom is, so I've been told that makes me half lol) and I'm furious with the Biden Administration from the top down for what's happened. :angry2: And people saying Trump and the GOP are "so much worse" is not going to cut it.

larry3344

@ScorpioBeauty09 The US and the Western world have been the leading superpowers of the last few centuries. Until another rises to counter the US and the West at large, nothing will change. The UN and any of these international organizations are a farce. You mean to tell me the same countries who colonized 3/4 of the world and are behind the political instability of many countries are going to uphold human rights objectively. They have too much baggage and the cause of too much suffering.

Who can challenge them? Who will bring the UK, US, France, Germany, etc…and try them of law when they commit acts against humanity. Who sanctions the US when they are actively supporting another nation for killing civilians indiscriminately? Had this been a third world country doing this they would be tried and sanctioned immediately. The West can do what they want and pretend they are more civilized than everyone else.

If African countries could get to a point of stability and rule maturely and achieve development I sincerely believe that they could lead diplomacy globally and being mediator nations for the world. Needless to say, living in a world where one region bloc rules over everyone is not good for global peace and sovereignty and never has been.

Say what you want about Putin but where I agree with him is multipolarity is a MUST for a better world. I despise Western hegemony it’s been the cause of so much pain and suffering around the world. The era of THE SUPERPOWER needs to die.

Last edited:

ScorpioBeauty09

@ScorpioBeauty09 The US and the Western world have been the leading superpowers of the last few centuries. Until another rises to counter the US and the West at large, nothing will change. The UN and any of these international organizations are a farce. You mean to tell me the same countries who colonized 3/4 of the world and are behind the political instability of many countries are going to uphold human rights objectively. They have too much baggage and the cause of too much suffering.

Who can challenge them? Who will bring the UK, US, France, Germany, etc…and try them of law when they commit acts against humanity. Who sanctions the US when they are actively supporting another nation for killing civilians indiscriminately? Had this been a third world country doing this they would be tried and sanctioned immediately. The West can do what they want and pretend they are more civilized than everyone else.

If African countries could get to a point of stability and rule maturely and achieve development I sincerely believe that they could lead diplomacy globally and being mediator nations for the world. Needless to say, living in a world where one region bloc rules over everyone is not good for global peace and sovereignty and never has been.

Say what you want about Putin but where I agree with him is multipolarity is a MUST for a better world. I despise Western hegemony it’s been the cause of so much pain and suffering around the world. The era of THE SUPERPOWER needs to die.
A bipolar system would be more stable. Multipolarity resulted in both world wars, Napoleonic wars and allllll the wars of succession before that. I don't think we'll get a bipolar system though. At least not before a multipolar one.

Western Europe was brought to its heels before... after WWII. If this conflict grows, it can happen again. They're dealing with the same issues we're dealing with. Only they're more fragile. The US is more fragile than people realize and that's by design. By the time people figure it out, it will be too late.

Last edited:

vevster

A bipolar system would be more stable. Multipolarity in both world wars, Napoleonic wars and allllll the wars of succession before that. I don't think we'll get a bipolar system though. At least not before a multipolar one.

Western Europe was brought to its heels before... after WWII. If this conflict grows, it can happen again. They're dealing with the same issues we're dealing with. Only they're more fragile. The US is more fragile than people realize and that's by design. By the time people figure it out, it will be too late.
When you see the footage of people carrying pieces of their dead children it is hard to bear. The US will not come clean out of this one. Biden is senile and pliable. Diplomacy is in order here.

Last edited:

ScorpioBeauty09

When you see the footage of people carrying pieces of their dead children. It is hard to bear. The US will not come clean out of this one. Biden is senile and pliable. Diplomacy is in order here.
I actually think Biden is fully aware of what he's doing. Not attacking you but a lot of the Biden is senile arguments are a bit disingenuous and let him off the hook. He's doing exactly what he said he would do: keep the system together and the status quo in place. That was what he ran on and partly why people elected him. No consideration for the quality of the system of course.

All US presidents have to support Israel. Democrats especially because if they don't, the evangelicals in the GOP along with Jewish Democrats/Dem districts with high Jewish populations will criticize them and AIPAC will fund their opponents. It's why Black Progressive candidates for the House struggle in many districts. They're more critical of Israel, AIPAC seizes on it and funds other Democrats who are friendlier.

Biden knows exactly what he's doing. He's approaching Israel-Palestine the same way he approaches any domestic issue: the least amount of action possible to avoid disrupting the system. It's why the Democrats don't have any messaging at all on GOP gerrymandering efforts that subvert Democracy along with any other issue. Biden's strategy is to attempt to out organize the GOP. This is why Biden chose to prioritize the economy over public health with COVID-19 after promising to follow the science. He did not follow the science and now COVID is spreading more now than in 2020, with little to no data nor any mitigation like masks and air filtration, people are getting COVID more than once and getting disabled with long COVID.

What Biden is not counting on is biting off more than he can chew in the form of the US crumbling from within and internationally, losing what's left of American prestige by co-signing Israel's ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians. He's counting on this being water under the bridge come November 2024 which is a huge bet to make. Not to mention high stakes.

Last edited:

vevster

Honestly, if folks in the US have decided that not voting democratic at this point makes sense for them, go for it. Four years of Trump and the ongoing antics of the MAGA party have clearly demonstrated what they intend for this country, minorities and women in particular.

If that’s cool with y’all then ok.
Biden is the one not controlling this Israeli situation. Not Trump. I'm voting 3rd party if at all.

Last edited:

Kalia1

Saudi Arabia and the UAE aren‘t supporting the military position of Israel.
They recognize Hamas as being at fault and are hoping to prevent the conflict from spilling over into neighboring countries. The UAE in 2020 was the first Gulf State to recognize Israel and right before October 7th Qatar assisted in brokering the deal for the two American-Israeli hostages to be freed. They were in the midst of establishing a solid relationship with America and the West and believe me didn’t see any of this coming.

The UAE and Saudi Arabia are trying to undercut Hamas to stifle a greater confrontation in the region.
Saudi Arabia doesn’t want a conflict with Iran whom supports Hamas. Saudi and the UAE view ”political Islam“ as a financial hindrance to the region. The Saudi crown prince bin Salman has firmly called for the creation of a Palestinian state. “The Saudi kingdom’s official position, and that of the Arab League, is that Israel would only receive “normal“ ties in return for a statehood deal with the Palestinians.” Netanyahu met with bin Salman back in 2020 in Saudi Arabia.

If the death toll continues to climb both countries will be under immense pressure from the Arab world to denounce Israel in total. At the end of the day they all share the same faith and see the Palestinians as their brothers and sisters.

I wanted to share this video because her viewpoint is POWERFUL!
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzDWsJ9reHY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited:

Kalia1

This past weekend I listened to an excellent interview on Democracy Now. Ta-Nehisi Coates.

I’m listening to this right now. Scott Ritter a US Marine Corps Officer is spot on with his assessment!

ETA: Scott Ritter is ON POINT and truly a man of courage to share his viewpoint. He should be commended for speaking up against the atrocities we are witnessing. Please listen when you can!

Last edited: