Is your Pastor afraid to speak against homosexuality?

Is your Pastor afraid to speak against homosexuality?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PinkPebbles

I recently heard a black prominent pastor on television express how his spirit is grieved because the church was and still is silent on the issue of same sex marriage. He said he knows too many pastors that are afraid to speak against homosexuality; as a result, God will bring judgment upon the church for their silence.

Furthermore, this pastor said President Obama called him and other black pastors for spiritual advice on same sex marriage. He said he told President Obama God created male and female for marriage and he will not support same sex marriage (Genesis 2:18-24). However, other pastors had the opportunity to speak biblical truth but instead told the President that they will support him 100% on his stance for same sex marriage.

My question to you ladies –have your pastor mentioned or shared with the congregation that homosexuality is a sin? Is your church (Pastor) afraid to speak against homosexuality and sexual immorality?

EssenceOfBeauty

When we first started going to this particular church...the pastor wasn't talking about it at all. In the sense that, he didn't support it but he didn't speak against it either.

The last few months, he has been very vocal about it.
Saying that it is wrong.
Especially since he has been doing a Marriage Series for a few weeks.

LiftedUp

No. However, I live in an environment where the pressure to support it isn't strong. However, the priests at my church have spoken out against many social issues that goes against biblical principles and they have gotten government backlash over it.

I like it. Right is right and wrong is wrong and if you're aren't aligning life's issues to biblical principles then what are you really teaching your flock? Walk the walk and talk the talk.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Amazing, my Pastor just spoke on this on Wednesday night, basically that he didn't like that American high profile pastors were not speaking against it and those who previously spoke out against it are now backtracking.

So the answer would be yes, my Pastor do speak out against homosexuality.

Last edited:

Elnahna

Yes, my pastor is very vocal on this and a lot of other issues. He also encourages us to contact our representatives and tell them where we stand.

PinkPebbles

No. However, I live in an environment where the pressure to support it isn't strong. However, the priests at my church have spoken out against many social issues that goes against biblical principles and they have gotten government backlash over it.

I like it. Right is right and wrong is wrong and if you're aren't aligning life's issues to biblical principles then what are you really teaching your flock? Walk the walk and talk the talk.

LiftedUp Amen.

It is interesting how some people pick and choose what's acceptable for a man of God to preach / teach in the pulpit. It's acceptable to talk about what took place on 9/11 and to pray for American justice; it's acceptable to pray and encourage American soldiers to go on the battlefield; it's acceptable for political candidates during election to visit churches and speak about their platform; BUT how dare the church bring awareness to ungodliness and sin that is in this nation, and have the audacity to warn the President, oh no, that's unacceptable :ohwell:.

PinkPebbles

Amazing, my Pastor just spoke on this on Wednesday night, basically that he didn't like that American high profile pastors were not speaking against it and those who previously spoke out against it are now backtracking.

So the answer would be yes, my Pastor do speak out against homosexuality.

Sadly, I noticed this as well; but God always has a remnant. God reminded me of this when I heard the pastor that I mentioned speak up on national television. He said a lot of black pastors got upset with him when he warned President Obama but as a pastor he is obligated to speak God's truth. I said thank you Lord!

Last edited:

frizzy

What does govt. backlash look like? Is it just having to pay taxes or is there more to it?

I think money is the sorriest excuse to not teach the word as God intended. They could not be my pastor. :nono:

MzRhonda

I have only been going to this church for about 1 year and the Pastor has not mentioned it one way or the other not even during the campaign...actually he doesn't really bring up politics except as it gets close to going to the polls he just reminds everyone to go vote but does not try to sway people in any way as to who to vote for.

This was new for me because growing up in my baptist church we could always count on candidates being mentioned and in local elections they always seemed to show up to a church service....never to be seen after that. :nono:

LongTimeComing

Nope.Mine is quite vocal, 'I love you, but not your choices, sin cycles, and demons'.
That goes for all sexual sin, not just homosexuality.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
In answer to the question, 'No', my Pastors (husband and wife team), are not afraid to speak out against homosexuality and gay marriage.

However the love is there to pray for those to be free from the bondage of it.

With gay marriage, they are literally being 'married' to (in covenant with) the sin, which is true bondage. These are not two people getting married to each other as they are deceived into believing. :nono: They are marrying the sin.

sweetvi

no problem

Basically he doesn't really address the topic of homosexuality. The month of February was about marriages and love. Basically in one of his sermons, he said that it is good to be married but man to woman only.

That's great and all but he said it in a joking way so the seriousness of it never came across to the members and that's all he states in regards to this sin. I have yet to hear a sermon on homosexuality. Now his son is the youth pastor of the church and he has services for a packed audience on Tuesdays and does not hold back on anything. As a matter of fact, he teaches about premarital sex, masturbation, marriage, etc.

Now my thing is not everyone goes on Tuesdays and most people only attends on sunday. They need to hear it as well...

Shimmie

Shimmie

Staff member
no problem

Basically he doesn't really address the topic of homosexuality. The month of February was about marriages and love. Basically in one of his sermons, he said that it is good to be married but man to woman only.

That's great and all but he said it in a joking way so the seriousness of it never came across to the members and that's all he states in regards to this sin. I have yet to hear a sermon on homosexuality.

Now his son is the youth pastor of the church and he has services for a packed audience on Tuesdays and does not hold back on anything. As a matter of fact, he teaches about premarital sex, masturbation, marriage, etc.

Now my thing is not everyone goes on Tuesdays and most people only attends on sunday. They need to hear it as well...

Shimmie

Thank you for sharing this, sweetvi. Folks are packing out the House of God on a Tuesday night and with the youths in attendance, Praise God! This is healing to their generation which is under much attack. Praise God for Tuesdays. :yay:

PinkPebbles

In answer to the question, 'No', my Pastors (husband and wife team), are not afraid to speak out against homosexuality and gay marriage.

However the love is there to pray for those to be free from the bondage of it.

With gay marriage, they are literally being 'married' to (in covenant with) the sin, which is true bondage. These are not two people getting married to each other as they are deceived into believing. :nono: They are marrying the sin.

@Shimmie I like how you put it 'marrying the sin.' Indeed it's in covenant with the sin....this is deep on so many levels.
Wow, this could truly be a sermon topic 'Marrying the sin.'
Key points - What happens to a person when they are married to sin!?! How the covenant with sin affects the bloodline and generations thereafter.

Shimmie

Staff member
@Shimmie I like how you put it 'marrying the sin.' Indeed it's in covenant with the sin....this is deep on so many levels.
Key points - What happens to a person when they are married to sin!?! How the covenant with sin affects the bloodline and generations thereafter.

Scary truth, isn't it? Marriage is a 'Blood Covenant' that ties one into one's soul. It's beyond two people coming together as 'One'.

Two people of the same sex cannot marry each other (not even if the laws of the land says so), they still are not married to one another as it is not what marriage is. All they can do is marry the sin which is exactly what they have/are doing, cutting a covenant with the sin. They are not 'Man and Wife'. There is no other marriage that can occur between human beings. No law on earth can change this, nor can they change the consequences of it.

gay marriage is literally a GMO, a genetically modified organism, which an organization has genetically modified the laws of God and nature regarding Marriage and the natural design for sexual intercourse. Look at the consequences, of the disorder... even the earth its self is weeping with record natural disasters.

It may not be believed, but I do care whose feelings are affected and how. Yet, we have to protect our children and the generation that is growing up with the misconceptions of homosexuality, being deceived that it is safe and normal when it is not.

Shame on the Churches who are not speaking up to save the children. I'll end it here as I'm not out to hurt anyone.

PinkPebbles, I apologize for going on with this in your thread. :Rose: Pure Marriage is my heart and soul and I'm in it to protect it.

Last edited:

sweetvi

I like your keypoints... I hope someone starts a thread about this because it is profound...