Is this much shedding normal?

BreeNique

So I haven't actually *combed* my hair since Monday; I did a twist-out/braid-out, annd then tucked it into a french roll.

This is the result.

anoterh qq: am i combing/ detangling too much/ manipulating my hair too much when its wet? what i do:

-put a detangler (conditioner with water and olive oil) on, then detangle it
-shampoo, or co-wash, in braids
-rinse out, unbraid, etc...do whatever.

too much? am i detangling too early? when do you ladies usually detangle? When I say "shed", i think i mean "broken, too" because many of the hairs don't have roots/ bulbs.

i use a denman, with 9 rows of teeth. too many teeth???

Raine054

It looks normal to me but that could not be true for you. How much hair do you usually shed?

Esthi777

I think you're ok. I really don't think that's too much. The average person looses 50-100 hairs a day. Maybe you can try taking garlic pills if you're really concerned.

As far a breakage goes, I don't have much advice there.

Bumping for more help!

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
How long have you been using the denman brush.

I retired mine I let my dd use it on her mannequin head.

That dang brush broke my hair.

You look to be relaxed bone straight. I dont think it is wise to comb or brush bone straight hair while soaking wet.

When you wear a braidout I would suggest combing prior to shampooing with a diluted conditioner. The hair should be damp enough where you can comb with ease but not so wet that you are breaking your hair

prettypithy

I don't lose that much but I think it is still within the realm of normalcy. Depends on your shed rate, your length and type, and whether the majority of the hairs are shed or broken.

Shed has the white bulb attached; broken is not a full length hair but halves, quarters, etc.

Ultimately, you have to decide whether or not it is normal for YOU. Again, it is more than I would have after five days w/o the comb or brush, but I also finger comb exclusively so my results may vary.

FroFab

Also keep in mind how long your hair is. Sometimes what looks to be alot of shed hairs for me is actually only like 20 hairs 16in hairs all balled up.