Is there anyone that transitioned to texturized/texlax from full relaxer?

FAMUDva

I don't know what the difference is from texlax and texturizer, so that's why I mentioned both. I'm wondering if anyone has done this with great success.

I'm not interested in chopping and right now, natural is not my goal, although it would be my ultimate goal in the future. I'm still loving growing longer thicker hair, so I want to continue touching up ever 10-12 weeks or longer, but thinking I only want to texturize my new growth. Is this possible to do repeatedly?

TIA

MrsHouston

I'm currently going from a relaxer to texturizer. I waited 6 months before getting my first textuizer, which was back in March 07.

The two textures seems to get alone well. I diluted the texturizer with olive oil and sunflower oil and only left on the NG for 10 minutes. The back of my hair is more wavy than the front, but I like it. I'm thinking of getting another one in Oct 07 or Dec. 07.

FAMUDva

I'm currently going from a relaxer to texturizer. I waited 6 months before getting my first textuizer, which was back in March 07.

The two textures seems to get alone well. I diluted the texturizer with olive oil and sunflower oil and only left on the NG for 10 minutes. The back of my hair is more wavy than the front, but I like it. I'm thinking of getting another one in Oct 07 or Dec. 07.

Interesting approach. Thanks for the tips :)

ladylibra

my sister is attempting to transition from relaxing to texlaxing/texturizing. she just did her first texturizer yesterday on about 2 inches of NG. i'll keep y'all posted on her progress...

MrsHouston

my sister is attempting to transition from relaxing to texlaxing/texturizing. she just did her first texturizer yesterday on about 2 inches of NG. i'll keep y'all posted on her progress...

Yes, it much easier when you have lot's of NG, no overlapping.

knottyaaverage

i have started texturizing for about 10 months now from being relaxed. i dont think texturizing is doing much for my texture of hair because the roots start puffing up after the first week or so. im thinking about going back to relaxing again :sad: ... i dont know wat to do.

tada1

ok so it sounds like...no one had any problem putting texturizer on previously relaxed hair. Is this correct?

isobell

No don't do that! Once relaxed the bonds are broken so putting texturizer or relaxer on previously relaxed hair will result in over processing and probably lots of breakage. The ladies above are talking about texturizing or relaxing their new virgin growth from now on. This means their ends will be relaxed but the rest of their hair will be texturized or texlaxed and they will likely just trim away the relaxed parts as their hair grows.

Last edited: