Is there anyone that can NOT stretch?

sylver2

danithefatty said:
Thanks for all the replys and suggestions ladies!

The relaxer I use is optimum. Probably not the best but its one of the better ones that walmart has. My college is in a small white town so...no BSS's are here :ohwell: .

before I relaxed my hair would come out all the time. lots of shedding and breakage. since I relaxed in late june, it doesnt break or shed as much. Since June Ive had 3 relaxers (one didnt take too good because I did it myself and it was my first time).

I have stopped using grease and oil because my scalp never absorbed it. No matter how I rubbed it in or how little I used, I could put it in on a Monday and by Saturday my hair would be so oily! Since I stopped using grease and oil, my hair as really been growing a lot better. I wash everyweek with aphogee and moisterize it with humectress to make up for the lack of oil/grease.

I was thinking about getting braids, extensions or a sew-in, but my hair hates those too! Especially with my edges. They are just starting to grow in well.

My hair needs therapy.

I also use optimum. no problems.
When u say u wash every week with aphogee..do u mean the shampoo, not the protein treatment right??

I use to not be able to stretch either. I would get a touchup every 6 weeks. If I waited any longer..hair would start breakin and shedding.
Until my hair started to get damgaed and become overprocessed. I had to do something. I stretched for 6 months. It was not the easiest, but I had to do what was best for the health of my hair. I kept it moisturized(=key) and stopped combing, brusihng the roots part. My hair thrived like it never did b4, I couldn't believe the results and thats why I started streteching.
I now stretch every 3-4 months.

fattyfatfat

after starting this topic in 2006, im happy to say that I can stretch for 10wks instead of 2-3wks. what was I thinking back then?!

my next goal is to stretch for 12wks.

tricie

after starting this topic in 2006, im happy to say that I can stretch for 10wks instead of 2-3wks. what was I thinking back then?!

my next goal is to stretch for 12wks.

You go girl! :grin: What a difference a year (or so) makes!!?? I am happy to say that I will be stretching for 12 weeks this Thursday! (relaxer on Friday!)

Congrats! :yep:

DayStar

I can only stretch to 8-10 weeks. My hair starts to break & shed terribly if I wait longer than 10 weeks.

I can't imagine relaxing every two weeks, though. My hair would run away from my scalp out of sheer fright.
:eek:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA:lachen: