Is there a downside to using Neutralizing shampoo?

Trinity1

Since I've been using S curl,which I love,I find that I have to do at least one shampoo wash a week (I usually condition wash only). I've been using the Motions Neutralizing shampoo for this because it leaves my hair so silky and soft and the bottle says it smooths the hairshaft. Does anyone know if it can be harmful to use neutralizing shampoo weekly for cleansing?

Tee Tee

sweetcocoa

I remember on the old forum that it was okay to use it for regular shampoo....because of the low ph balance which is good for hair since relaxers have a very high ph balance. Elasta Qp Cream shampoo has a low ph balance similar to nuetralizing shampoo.

Trinity1

Great,thanks Sweetcocoa I will continue using it. My hair has never felt like this after a shampoo wash with any other shampoo. I love it.

Tee Tee

MzRhonda

I'm not too sure about that - I found that my MOm was saving the bottles that came with the boxed perms and using it as regular shampoo and her hair was breaking big time....I attributed it to that as I wasn't living there and did not know what else it could have possibly been. I may have been wrong.

Rhonda

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Tee Tee said:
Since I've been using S curl,which I love,I find that I have to do at least one shampoo wash a week (I usually condition wash only). I've been using the Motions Neutralizing shampoo for this because it leaves my hair so silky and soft and the bottle says it smooths the hairshaft. Does anyone know if it can be harmful to use neutralizing shampoo weekly for cleansing?

Tee Tee

[/ QUOTE ]

same here!

MissB

My stylist says that she would prefer to use neutralizing shampoo but it is very expensive. She used it regularly on her clients in California and Arizona to keep their hair moisturized in those dry climates.

I had considered using the Affirm Fiberguard normalizing shampoo on a regular basis because it makes your hair feel like silk.

BlackButterflyz

Don't waste the pretty...
Tee Tee,
You must of been in my brain this morning, cuz I was thinking about asking this SAME exact question!!! I also use the Motions neutralizing shampoo from time to time for regular cleansing and I love it (and I haven't had any problems with using it), but I was afraid that it might be too damaging, so I stopped... I'm glad that other people are saying that it's okay, I think I'll start using it again

Tracy

I wouldn't think so. Neutralizing shampoos are specifially designed to rapidly correct the PH of hair that has been made very alkaline by a relaxer product, and some of them use semi-agressive ingredients (like hydrogen peroxide) to do so.....

It may not cause harm for some people that choose to use it, but I wouldn't consider it a wise on any kind of a wide scale....

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Has anyone here experienced damage from using a neutralizing shampoo as a regular shampoo?????????????????