Le' Kair Cholesterol Shampoo

kitkat3ny

I started using Le' Kair Cholesterol Conditioner again, the one that's pink w/ jojoba oil, aloe, etc. in it. Has anyone that has relaxed hair used their shampoo?

I still haven't found a shampoo that doesn't make my hair feel dry. I wash my hair everyday, do you think using the Le' Kair Cholesterol Conditioner is not a good idea? For the past week i've been doing this and I just love how my hair feels. It's strong now and soft to the touch. I air dry, so I just the conditioner on while i'm in the shower no heat.

Do you think I should find an alternative conditioner for my daily washes?

One last question, how does one do a condition wash? Do you wet the hair and put on conditioner and do cleansing motions like your using shampoo? Do you put another conditioner on after that?

TIA

Kat

Healthb4Length

A co wash means that you wash your hair sans shampoo, just conditioner. It makes your hair ultra soft. If you feel that you need to wash with a shampoo, then do so with a moisturizing shampoo and shampoo your scalp only, not your hair. You can also do a co-wash-co, which is putting conditioner on your hair and putting shampoo on the scalp only and rinse out then proceed to put on a light conditioner on your hair again and rinse.

BAILEYSCREAM

kitkat3ny said:
I started using Le' Kair Cholesterol Conditioner again, the one that's pink w/ jojoba oil, aloe, etc. in it. Has anyone that has relaxed hair used their shampoo?

I still haven't found a shampoo that doesn't make my hair feel dry. I wash my hair everyday, do you think using the Le' Kair Cholesterol Conditioner is not a good idea? For the past week i've been doing this and I just love how my hair feels. It's strong now and soft to the touch. I air dry, so I just the conditioner on while i'm in the shower no heat.

Do you think I should find an alternative conditioner for my daily washes?

One last question, how does one do a condition wash? Do you wet the hair and put on conditioner and do cleansing motions like your using shampoo? Do you put another conditioner on after that?

TIA

Kat

I used to use the Le Kair shampoo a long time ago and it was actually very nice (it's white) and it wasn't too drying to the hair either.....to me, it's just a basic shampoo and it doesn't foam up or lather up too much like some shampoos can.

As far as your hair feeling dry, try the Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner...it's very good for dry hair.....Also, I think washing everyday with shampoo will eventually lead to dry hair....throughout the summer I was washing everyday and while your hair is nice and clean and grows fast, it will dry up your hair eventually especially if you do this in winter time.

I actually quite like the Le Kair cholesterol conditioner, it's one that I've always had around the house despite trying other products on a whim.

Some people like the V05 conditioners for conditioner washes....I don't conditioner wash (because my hair doesn't like it) so I can't really recommend a conditioner for CW...but I've read on the forum about people liking V05 conditioners, there are others of course....I think most people use the lighter conditioners for CW as opposed to the heavier cholesterol types...

Yeah, what you describe is exactly how to do a conditioner wash.

kitkat3ny

Thanks for the replies. Performing CW makes more sense to me now.

Also, it's weird I was using Aussie Moist shampoo for the past year, then a couple months ago I stopped and just started trying different products. And this makes sense to me now, because when I did a home perm 2wks ago, I had tons of new growth but I've never ever seen the ends of my hair look so shabby. They went split just terribly frayed and dry. So I cut them off, and I really want to get back those couple inches before the next perm.

I guess I'll go back to what works, and Aussie definitely works. Why the heck did I ever stop using it? lol

Kat