Is Silicon Mix considered a strong protein?

MoMo

Just got my order of Silicon Mix in the mail yesterday and I wanna oil rinse followed by SM. Is this a good idea? TIA

MoMo

Thank you for your replies. Do you ladies think that an oil rinse will prevent the SM from penetrating the hair?

trini_rican

Can she just add 2 eggs and that infuses the protein into the treatment? This is a question - I have never used Silicon Mix but inquiring minds wanna know :grin:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Silicon Mix is like the ORS Replenishing Paks. They have protein, but they're just more of a moisturizing conditioner than protein. I used some silicon mix the other day for my DC along with a little bit of Aphogee EFAs and I had some very soft and luscious hair after rinsing it out. I don't know where I heard it from, but I heard that silicon mix is better when mixed with oils. It sure did alright by me!!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
As much as I hate protein, SM is the best! You can't go wrong. It's worked great for me as a deep conditioning. If I need extra moisture, I mix Miss Key 10 en 1 or Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Conditioner! :clapping:

BeautifulFlower

Just have to add. I have yet to try a conditioner as good as Silicon Mix. I mix it with Organic's by Africa Best Hair Mayo. DC, and you have the softest hair on earth....