Is Kiehl's Silk Groom & Leave in worth it?

KinksnCurlz

Is Kiehl\'s Silk Groom & Leave in worth it?

Okay, i've been DYING to try these products but the prices have me cringing... literally.
SG 4oz - $17; 8oz $29.50; 16 oz $55.
LI 4oz -$17; 8oz $28

I really would like to try these but i need some feedback first. These products are geared towards dry and/or thick hair. Thanks ladies.
BTW, have u tried the Kiehl's Deep Conditioning Protein Pak? 4oz - $17.50

Armyqt

Re: Is Kiehl\'s Silk Groom & Leave in worth it?

You should be able to find a Kiehl's counter at say Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom's. You an get good samples for free.

Country gal

I really enjoyed the samples. It left my hair feeling smooth and soft. I would suggest getting samples first. They are really good about giving out samples. Keep us posted.

DeQuendre

I love the Silk Groom. Personally not crazy about the leave-in. Definitely ask for samples.

JenJen2721

I really like the Silk Groom, but I'm paranoid about it containing Lanolin Alcohol...so I only use it occasionally. It feels good though...nice and creamy and moisturizing.

Allandra

I've been using each of these products for a few years now. IMO, they're worth the price because I really really really (did I say really
) like them. However, I'm now the proud owner of my very own bottle of Salerm 21 leave-in. So, now Kiehl's Leave-In is my second favorite leave-in.

Nutmeg

I've always liked Silk Groom when I use it (I tend to use it mostly in the summertime). Allandra, would you say there's a "natural" expiration date on Silk Groom? I've had mine forever, and I wonder if (like CD-HHB, perhaps) it has a bit of a shelf life. But there's nothing posted on the label, and it tends to look, smell and work the same...

sweetpea5000

My husband used the silk groom on his hair before, I guess his hairtype would be 1b/c (slightly wavy, tends to be a little dry)... he wasn't crazy about it and after a couple uses it started to dry his hair out.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Nutmeg said:
I've always liked Silk Groom when I use it (I tend to use it mostly in the summertime). Allandra, would you say there's a "natural" expiration date on Silk Groom? I've had mine forever, and I wonder if (like CD-HHB, perhaps) it has a bit of a shelf life. But there's nothing posted on the label, and it tends to look, smell and work the same...

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea. You can probably send them an e-mail to ask if there is a shelf life for this product. kiehls.com

lunalight7

When you order from the Keihl's website, they send you three free samples. FYI.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Nutmeg said:
I've always liked Silk Groom when I use it (I tend to use it mostly in the summertime).

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too... it's good for the loose air-dry "wet n wavy" look...

buffalosoldier

I have never tried this but back to basics do something very similar for $10 -- green tea silk grooming creme. I have used it and it is really nice and worked well.
You can check out the reviews on naturallycurly.com

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

I didn't like it for my 4a hair. I felt that it was a little drying actually.

Allandra

CaramelHonee,

The Kiehl's Shine 'N Lite Groom works exactly the same on my hair as the Kiehl's Crème with Silk Groom. The Kiehl's Shine 'N Lite Groom 8 ounce is $19.

Allandra

CaramelHonee,

Since these products are expensive, maybe you should get some samples to see how you and your hair like these products before buying them. Kiehl's is located in NY (hopefully that's close to you). I purchase my Kiehl's products at Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus in my area.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:

I have never tried this but back to basics do something very similar for $10 -- green tea silk grooming creme. I have used it and it is really nice and worked well.
You can check out the reviews on naturallycurly.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought that stuff and I didn't like it at all.
It didn't seem to do a thing for my hair. I traded it away on Makeupalley.com...

KinksnCurlz

Thanks ladies. I'll try to get the samples from the store (downtown NY)